Driving license

What are the requirements in order to get a driving license here in Bahrain ? How many months to process?

Maybe you have to do the same as in Dubai for certain nationalities and have 20 or 30 hours driving under instruction.

You will need to visit the Traffic Directorate's Driving School in Isa Town. Please take your CPR card, Passport, and any driving licenses that you already possess.

Register there for a Bahrain driving license.

Once registered, you will get a learner license and learner driver log book. This would take a few hours.

Then you need to find a driving instructor and do the number of training hours required. Usually 22 hours of training is required, but this can be lower if you have a driving license from another country already.

Next is to get a test date. This is the longest wait. Can take months!

All is not doom and gloom - there is a chance to get a license over the counter, if you possess a driving license from certain countries. There is an official list. Will try to get it - or maybe one of the other forum participants can help locate it for us.

Good luck!

Similar then to Dubai.

just to share my own experience.. I think for women, waiting for the driving test is less.. as I book an appointment for the test and got a driving test schedule 2 days after. :)

That is probably true. A few of my friends have said the same thing.

Thanks for the information benini

The waiting period for males for a behind-the-wheel driving test is about 10 months now. If you have a valid driving license from one of the following countries, then you don't have to undergo an evaluation driving test to get a Bahraini license:

Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Belgium, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi  Arabia, United Kingdom, Iceland, France, Bulgaria, Bermuda, Trinidad & Tobago, Austria, Mexico, Spain, Norway, Ireland, Hungary, Germany, Greece,    Morocco, Sweden, Denmark, Portugal, Poland, Algeria,    Jordan, Argentina, Australia, Turkey, Brazil, Jersey, Bahamas, Czech Republic, Indonesia, Slovakia, South Africa, Monaco, New Zealand, Japan, Canada    , Italy, Hong Kong, Tunis, China, Holland, U.S.A    , Jamaica, Yugoslavia, Romania, Russia    , Malawi, Mauritania    , Nigeria, Singapore,    Finland, Cyprus, South Korea, Malta, Luxembourg    , Switzerland, Ghana, Malaysia, Kenya

Hi,

I have failed outside in my first attempt. on 17th Nov-2015 and gave another 6 hours. could anybody help me
how long it will take to get the 2nd date.

men's schedule usually takes longer time. my co worker waited another 3 months for another testing date.

benini wrote:

men's schedule usually takes longer time. my co worker waited another 3 months for another testing date.

She is right. I applied for license in August and they give me test date of 12-May-2016
It's very bad thing in Bahrain. Although its cost a lot like First time you give 34.5 bhd then for hours 110 bhd, then for test date you have to pay about 20 bhd and if you failed then again you go for hours and test date that will cost again.
I believe if you planned to stay long time in Bahrain then you can apply for license.
Otherwise undercover taxi drivers services are awesome.

testing is BD 20 sir. :(.. For men it is really a long wait.

How can I take license driving car in Bahrain ?? Anybody in here can tell me about that plz

Kindly read Farhaz's post above.

Plz sahre if we go back to uae then how we will. Get uae license again

Stop making multiple posts. I have already responded to you on another thread.