PARIS TERRORIST ATTACKS; COULD IT HAPPEN HERE?

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/wabc/images/cms/automation/vod/1084444_800x450.jpg

A woman is being evacuated from the Bataclan theater after a shooting in Paris, Friday Nov. 13, 2015. French President Francois Hollande declared a state of emergency and announced
Death toll rises in Paris as French president calls attacks "act of war" by ISIS

French police on Saturday hunted possible accomplices of eight assailants who terrorized Paris concert-goers, cafe diners and soccer fans with a coordinated string of suicide bombings and shootings that killed 127 people. French President Francois Hollande, speaking to the nation, called the attacks "an act of war."

Really it's neither a matter of if they can happen here, nor how they will happen; but rather just a simple matter of WHEN they will happen here.

It doesn't really take too much effort to figure that out, now does it? Next year, when almost every nation on earth is respresented here in Brazil for the 2016 Summer Olympic Games, becomes a safe bet with each passing day. The eyes of the world will be on Rio and that is best opportunity that ISIS will ever have to make their most powerful statement yet.

When a country as prepared for and accustomed to terrorist attacks still can't seem to prevent them, just imagine what is going to happen in Brazil, a country where our government can't see beyond their own navels, and is too involved in defending itself from scandal after scandal. Have they prepared for this eventuality? Yes, but just like everything else this government does it's all slapdash and improvised. ISIS knows that too, they're well aware that it will be a much easier task to carry out a major terrorist attack, or series of attacks, here in Brazil than in any other major nation on the planet.

Why here? Simple - ISIS has targeted every nation on earth that is allied with their declared enemies, the USA, UK and EU. Brazil's government doesn't miss an opportunity to align themselves with that group and our opportunistic president can't pass up the chance to make strong statements on the international stage supporting counter-attacks and military intervention. So, just as these major nations are in ISIS cross-hairs, so is Brazil.

When it happens, and it most surely will... attacks on the Olympic Games in Brazil will make the 1972 Munich massacre look like a picnic in the park by comparison. I'm glad that I live 4 hours north of "ground zero" and won't be going anywhere near Rio for 6 months before, during and after the events.

Trust me, with this country's lax immigration policies and doors wide open to refugees the scene is set for disaster, because I truly believe that all of the players who will be involved in such attacks are all already here in this country, just waiting for their marching orders.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

I think, it's already happening here, and everyone's is at it, The state, The police and The people, everyone seams to be killing everyone else,
How would you know if IS were doing the killing

spanishpete wrote:

I think, it's already happening here, and everyone's is at it, The state, The police and The people, everyone seams to be killing everyone else

This is exactly what I said to my Brazilian friend on Friday as we watched the horror in Paris unfold. In Brazil, we have a different kind of "terrorism;" the level of senseless, unspeakable violence in this country is astounding. Brazilians should be less concerned with what is going on in Europe and the Middle East and more concerned with what's going on in their own country, cities, and backyards! I'd bet that more people are murdered here in Brazil every week at the hands of criminals and police - if you include the "unofficial" numbers - than the number of victims taken by the Paris tragedy. (My heart goes out to Paris and all the victims and their families. :( )

James, i think your post was written in a moment of passion.

Agree that the olympics will always be a target regardless of where they are hosted. But i think that Brazil is one of the few contries that is not even considered an "enemy" of the muslim radicals. First of all - if Brazil has a tread in their foreign policy, it is critisism of Israel and their treatment of the Palistinians - that is actually the only subject in foreign policy that seem to unite Dilma and her government.

The PT government is anything but aligned with the "USA, UK and EU" alliance. If they had any backbone they would support whoever is trying to defet this murderous, cowardly group that call themselves ISIS.

I am not a US citizen but i have to say i admire their willingness to send their own soldiers to die in foreign contries to defend ideas that we all should defend. - unfortunately EU is just a discussion club that never gets anything done - They would rather keep on talking for years without doing anything - i am old enough to remember the balkans and the slaughter of civilians that was going on there for 5 years before the world stopped talking and finally stopped it.

My impression is that Brazil is on the sideline when it comes to support of the "war against terror" but it would certainly be welcome if they went public with their condemnation and support of killing every last individual of ISIS like any other civilzed country on the planet should do.

As you probably understand i am very angry about what has happened in Paris

It's crazy to say it can happen in Brazil ,first Brazil is the friendliest country of the world who is not involved in any country conflict and does not take part or side with any country to oppress any other country.
Then terriosem is is being cooked in Devils workshop every day be aware and becarefull when we play blame game we can only fuel the fire. We can only pray God destroy those enemy of humanity who plans and kills innocent humans it's rather in a club in Paris or a school full of children in Pakistan.
Also I was thinking if I go to do a crime would I take my passport with me. God knows best . May God save us from the evil mind of wrong doers.

Angry is just not the word I hate those people who use excuse to kill innocent people where ever they are . Unfortunately it was Paris today my heart cry when I see the bodies caries away and the love ones falls in shadows of sorrows for ever. But shocking part is since being a Muslim and living in current world I get stared even though fact is out of 1.3 billion Muslims a very small numbers of people have forgot Islam and change themselves into so called group.
My heart goes to every single innocent life lost in the terror attacksthat goes every day. Let us please remember most people killed in terrorist attacks are actully Muslims in the world . There are people who wake up every day not knowing they will be seeing tomorrow.
I still can not forget New York seem like yesterday in front of my eyes I toke my kids to see twin towers which are no more with many life's lost. Also can't forgot when 300 kids go to school in Pakistan and never return back home in . All of those parents were dreaming for their kids to be a doctor a lawyer etc just like I wish for my kids but alas they are no more......
My these terrorists kill themselves before even thinking about doing any act of evil. Amen

Maybe if muslims stopped babbling about god every two minutes we could actually bring this world to a better place

Cabo Frio I would tend to totally agree with you , however the one thing is this is the "Olympics" , probably the most international of all events and if you think about it it's a highly international target that will get mass exposure....However
these terrorists don't have the same network here like they do in Brazil , it's far away from their home bases and
I think it may just prove to difficult for them in terms of logistics....
I'm not too worried about it but time will tell....Brazil is apparently stepping up security for 2016 after Paris

Cabo Frio wrote:

Maybe if muslims stopped babbling about god every two minutes we could actually bring this world to a better place

I'm not religious at all. However, if faisalspower wants to talk about his religion then he should be allowed to, freely and without shame, as long as he's not hurting or personally offending anyone. It's called "freedom of religion" and most people in the world, regardless of whether they are religious or not, would respect this freedom. Like faisalspower said, the terrorists are a minority...and just as it's unfair to lump all Muslims in the same group, it's also unfair to suggest that if faisalspower were to shut up about God (i.e. stop practicing his religion), the world would be a better place. Please...let's not use hate to fight hate or ignorance to fight ignorance.

Of course anyone should be able to talk about their religion any time and at time.

At the same time anyone should be able to talk against it at any time or at any place without risking anything execpt a rebruttal. This is exactly what this fight is about.

It is not acceptable to get personnally offended everytime someone says or post something you do not agree with - get over it. We have to many people who feel offended about bullshit all the time.

This is the definition of a free society.

Cabo Frio wrote:

Of course anyone should be able to talk about their religion any time and at time.

At the same time anyone should be able to talk against it at any time or at any place without risking anything execpt a rebruttal. This is exactly what this fight is about.

It is not acceptable to get personnally offended everytime someone says or post something you do not agree with - get over it. We have to many people who feel offended about bullshit all the time.

This is the definition of a free society.

I don't think your your comment, "Maybe if muslims stopped babbling about god every two minutes we could actually bring this world to a better place," (which was obviously written in direct response to faisalspower's posts about religion and God) indicates that you actually practice what you preach:"This is the definition of a free society." In my opinion, your comment was meant to intimidate and shut others up, so no, your comment had nothing to do with a "free society."

"It is not acceptable to get personnally offended everytime someone says or post something you do not agree with - get over it. We have to many people who feel offended about bullshit all the time."  Uh...okay. Now, I'm quite sure that you don't practice what you preach.  :unsure  Lest you forgot already, you were the one who behaved as if you were offended by something you didn't agree with when you responded to faisalspower's post with that inapppropriate, rude comment about Muslims.You come off as awfully hypocritical.  :|

Well this was part of my point and it is exactly what europe is struggeling with at the moment. Immediately i bring the islam issue in the debate i am nasty and exclusive - sorry i do not buy the cool aid. This is where the problem is and babbling about how good god is is not going to change it.

Just a few months ago the office of charlie hebdoe had a similar attach and then the whole globe agreed that free speech was the most important right we have.

Victoria - just because i reply to something does not mean i question their right to say it - i am just exercising my right to reply

Terrorist respect no borders or security or person as just when you think peace and safety things as Paris occur. It is a possible threat for any country, the terrorists  commiting the acts as we seen will blow themselves up.
We must be vigilant and be of caution the terrorists are patient and with porous borders these things can happen as the weapons used somehow made it into France as well as the materials used.
The world and countries cannot afford to be lax about those who wish to bring attention to whatever the cause might be. Brazil must remain on guard for anything  can happen in this day and age, who knows how long the terrorist waited for the Paris planed attack as the terrorist are patient and cunning.
I understand the extra security yet it should be continuous  diligent security not extra and it must be vigilant. 
I am in agreement that caution and care is to be exercised and I am glad not to be near the Olympics for I see other things that the funds used for the games would have been put to better use for  just an observation,  I am still in awe of the World Cup stadiums. I will not be boating in the bay, just saying.  Prayers and Respect for all who commented on this delicate subject.

Anyone who thinks that terrorist attacks couldn't happen here in Brazil, because the country is too pacific, too distant, or whatever underestimate the fact that regardless of WHAT Brazil is or isn't, Brazil is WHERE all of the enemies declared by ISIS will be. They also really don't understand just how ISIS goes about recruiting on a worldwide basis, and that we've already had a terrorist attack (or at least a practice run) here in Brazil. Everything necessary for attacks is already here in Brazil and has been for a very long time.  The participants will be mostly home-grown disenfranchised young people, some "sleepers" who've already come to Brazil in the 8 years since Rio was announced as the site. The weaponry has always been here since the Brazilian government can't even begin to control it. The following article in the NY Times gives a great insight into recruiting tactics used by ISIS, and believe me there are lots of lost young people here in Brazil, and if you don't think they've been on ISIS' radar for years think again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/world … .html?_r=0

For those who weren't here in Brazil at the time, and don't think terrorism could happen here then you need to know a little bit about Massacre at Realengo on April 7, 2011. Wellington Menezes de Oliveira, a 23-year old Brazilian and recent convert to radical Islam, went on a shooting rampage at Tasso da Silveira Municipal School which left 12 children (between 13 and 16 years of age) dead, plus himself. This was not the random act of a lone madman by any means, although it was staged to look like one. It was a practice run for ISIS recruiting tactics, to see if they really worked on Brazilians.

We're going to see a few events here in Brazil in the 6 months prior to the Olympic games, and something major during the games themselves and I'm sure that the Brazlian government, no matter what they may believe, simply isn't prepared for or capable of handling them.

Cheers,

James, your words frighten me as I consider the endless possibilities and scenarios.  :(  Just the other day, I had told a Brazilian friend that because of the number of malcontent people in this country, Brazil would be a perfect "breeding ground" for terrorists. I hope that you and I are both wrong.

I truly wish we were Victoria, but unfortunately I'm convinced we're not. We'll know for sure in 7 months.

Cheers,

The world cup was terror free wasn't it?

Just back from Paris; actually I left the day it happened.  The day before I actually walked  in the XI district where majority of events happened. Weather was quite mild for November and a lot of people were around. I can imagin what happened. Very sad.
Brazil is very distant from international politics and should not be a target for terrorist attack. However Brazil is a Christian country (very much comparing to any countries in Europe) and Olympics are an easy target. These people (sorry these bastards) are looking for the maximum impact/progaganda so yes it could happen.
But we should not worry about that, this is what these people want.
Ultimately, every day same number of homicides happen here in Brazil and we live with it. 
After 4 years in Brazil, I believe I got the local state of mind: over optimistic and relativising things.

I agree , you can't worry about it, if you in the wrong place and it happens it happens ...living in fear to go to places is exactly what the terrorists want.
I remember in Cape Town in the late 90's there was a series of pipe bomb attacks , one on a Planet Hollywood, A popular beach front Pizza restaurant and a few others . A lot of Bombs over a couple of months...I was even walking with some friends on the mountain when we heard one go off.
I don't remember been particularly afraid or worrying about it much , it was just one of those things , in a way it's more scary when you read the media hype than to actually be living in the same location.
Time will tell , in the meantime theres nothing anyone can do except hope that the authorities will be vigilant.

Hi Bardamu,

It is not its proximity, or it's politics that will make Brazil a target for terrorists attacks. It is the fact that all of the countries that ISIS has declared their holy war upon will be represented here. I guess that's something that a lot of people here don't seem to understand.

ISIS has, for a very long time, been using cult-like recruiting tactics and targets their candidates through the social networks. Like cults they target the weak, lonely and those who feel somehow disenfranchised. They devote hundreds of hours grooming and converting them to their radical ideologies and they're experts at it. Just as in the Paris attacks, most of the terrorists involved are "home-grown", that is they don't have to try and sneak too many participants into the country they choose to attack, they've already got a crop of them who were born and raised there. Brazil has hundreds of thousands of rejected, lonely, lost and confused young people who are ripe targets for ISIS brainwashing techniques, and who spend most of their time online just where ISIS can get at them.

ISIS also is very well aware of Brazil's complete inability to prevent illegal weaponry from entering this country through its pourous borders, so they'll get all the hardware they need with relative ease.

To me it's clearly no longer a question of IF, but more a question of WHEN.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

James you giving ISIS way to much credit here

"Brazil has hundreds of thousands of rejected, lonely, lost and confused young people who are ripe targets for ISIS brainwashing techniques, and who spend most of their time online just where ISIS can get at them"

I think the chances of a young Brazilian getting hooked up through ISIS online are less than zero , it just does not work that way. Isis propaganda is geared towards getting disenfranchised Muslim youth in other countries to return to Syria and join the war or targeted at connecting with people who are already radicalized to help in their cause.
That kind of stuff is not easily available online without extensive searching and I find it hard to picture young Brazilians with not good or zero English surfing through social media largely in English and Arabic.
More often people are introduced to these radical elements within the community and then seek out further connections through social media.
Most Brazilians I know have barely ever even seen Muslims or just think they are too bizzare , Brazilians like short , tight clothing and don't understand the body covering . I don't think Islam appeals to 99.9% of the Brazilian youth at all.

Of course if they have strong ties to these countries through family then thats more of a possibility
Look at the Boston Bombers , they were text book cases.
I'm not saying an attack could not happen though , everyone knows that , it's openly in the media and the Brazilian government have spoken out about increased security as well.

One must not live in fear as all points are valid. I agree if we read the news and become lax these things can occur anywhere at anytime. It is no to be fear mnogered yet one must sleep with one eye open as to the access of weapons and other such elements to cause destruction are readily available one must look at the safety of each situation, I am in agreement that each country represented in the Olympics has its problems with these terrorist and these terrorist will stop at nothing for a supposed cause. As the forum takes to this subject as all are welcome to chime in which shows a harmony of the group. We will not live in fear yet vigilance and care will save the day. I read of all the bad press of Brazil yet there is hope and I am sure we are all about staying safe as it does not need to happen during the Olympics it could occur anywhere and the devestation of the economics involved would be totally destructive to the games. This is a check,check and check situation for the terrorist have no boundaries as we are all the " America's " and must take any and all cautions and precautions. I should be living in the Northeast by the time of the Olympics and will not watch for the reasons of the State of Brazil economy. We have to secure ourselves as well as those who have chosen this life in Brazil. As I said I can agree with all of the comments and those who have participated in this thought as the thought is valid from all.
take care

Actually, ISIS tries to recruit non-Arabic, non-muslim youths as opposed to those with Arabic roots, so they don't stand out. Read the NY Times article I linked to, it clearly describes their techniques.

Wellington Menezes de Oliveira was non-Arabic, had never known any muslims before he was recruited online. This country is full of lots of others just like him. I really think that you're underestimating ISIS, their capabilities and their long reach.

The potential for attacks here in Brazil has NOTHING whatsoever to do with Brazil and EVERYTHING to do with the Olympics, and the fact that the whole world will be watching, also the fact that the Americans, British, EU, Russia and all of the sworn enemies of ISIS will be here. ISIS doesn't give a rat's ass about Brazil, to them it's a non-entity, what they care about is their holy war against everybody else who will be gathered here like sitting ducks.

Cheers,

I read the article

Maybe , but I disagree , I really don't see them having much success with the Brazilian youth , maybe I'm wrong
I think someone like Wellington Menezes de Oliveira was probably already a bit nuts and whatever he got involved in just acted as a trigger . If it hadn't been that it would have been something else.

Steve,

That's exactly what ISIS counts on, loose cannons, little nobodies who they can c onvince they can turn them into somebody who will become a household word. Don't forget that to ISIS they're just disposable tools to be used and thrown away. Brazil is just full of young people just like that. Young people who also happen to be dirt poor, who can be made to feel important by being plied with the gifts and attention that ISIS is so skilled at using in their recruitment techniques. Kids who have grown up in a country where life has absolutely no value at all, not even their own in many cases. Kids who see death and carnage on a daily basis and have become numb to it. Do you still think that I'm that far off the mark?

Cheers,

Oh yes, and ISIS probably is well aware of the fact that at present Brazil does not have any Anti-Terrorism Laws, like other countries have. They are likely know that due to the p lethargic olitical process in this country that such laws couldn't even be enacted in time for the 2016 Olympic Games either.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

Funny , I just read something yesterday about how protesters who are aiming to hit Rio 2016 are worried about some new terrorism measures that can see them arrested . I wish I could remember more but I just glanced at it.

Strange because just 5 minutes ago BAND-TV news had a report on how the Congress is just now beginning to become worried by the fact that Brazil has no Anti-Terrorist Laws. Just like our politicians to wait until the eleventh hour to say, oops we missed that little detail.

stevefunk wrote:

The world cup was terror free wasn't it?

Yes, you're right about that, but I think that was mostly for the following reasons:

1. The World Cup is not as large scale an event in terms of the number of athletes and support staff involved;
2. The World Cup was spread out over the whole of Brazil making it a logistical nightmare for planning and coordinating attacks, getting to the events, etc.;
3.  The 2016 Olympic Games will be in a much smaller geographic area, attacks coordinated to happen one very shortly after another in Rio would send security forces and emergency crews scrambling off to one place, leaving the next vulnerable;
4.  An attack on Rio would cause much more widespread panic and be front page news worldwide.

Thinking like ISIS, I wouldn't waste my efforts going after the second guy on the totem pole.... I'd go right for the top. The Olympic Games is the top athletic event in the whole world, the FIFA World Cup is number 2. Terrorists didn't waste their time attacking the Empire State Building, because the WTC was the prime target to go for and drew more attention to their cause.

Cheers,

James I couldn't agree more ive been telling my wife that for months. Unfortunately I live in copacabana but will be keeping my head down throughout the games. Eric

If you read the NY Times article "ISIS and the Lonely Young American" you'll see how the cult-like recruiting tactics that they use online are successful in recruiting Americans. They do the same with British youths as well. Trust me, if they can recruit Americans (who would have every reason to despise them) that easily, turn their heads, and even justify the carnage; they can certainly do that with Brazilians that much more easily. We don't need to fear a flood of terrorists entering Brazil from the Middle-East, not by a long shot. If there are any they're already here. What we really need to fear is the army of young Brazilian wack-jobs that ISIS has already recruited and given their marching orders.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

CNN reports that the Russian Ambassador has stated that an international force is the only way to end the terrorist threats to the world. Times have changed.

If World War 2 has taught us nothing else, it is Appeasement never works. Terrorists will always go for the soft targets. Brasil had better prepare. Charm will not be enough.

Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) was a prominent Protestant pastor who emerged as an outspoken public foe of Adolf Hitler and spent the last seven years of Nazi rule in concentration camps.

Niemöller is perhaps best remembered for the quotation:

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Many Brazilians are Christian and as a result those people could be targets for terror.  ISIS has always used religion as a recruiting tool to justify their attacks. One of their 5 pillars of Islam is to kill all infidels. They consider Christians and Jews Infidels and since the eyes of the world will be on Brazil for the Olympics which is far more important than the world cup it would be prudent to suppose they will attack because of the press coverage they will get if they do so.  I think there is probably an 80 - 85% chance there will be incidents during  the Olympics.  Brazilians may stick their heads in the sand but that doesn't make the threat go away.  Concrete steps need to be taken to mitigate the possibilities but this is Brazil and as witnessed in their preparations for the world cup it was slapdash as you mentioned.  Some projects weren't even completed and some were just left unfinished. One suggestion I have is to get training from the IDF (the Israeli Defence Force) But do it covertly they have been dealing with terrorists for decades and have the experience to be a value in the  preparations.

Please be careful generalizing about religions. And at least check the basic facts, so easily looked up on google. The 5 pillars of islam are: saying the testament of faith, prayer, going on pilgrimage to Mecca, support of the needy and fasting for Ramadan. Most
Muslims find violence against the innocent abhornet.  The majority of religions terrorism in Brazil is violence and intimidation of members of Afro-Brazilian religions by Evangelical Christians.

There maybe a case to make of possible terrorism in Brazil but there has to be a motive. I suggest if your want to raise this topic seriously you should be more discerning in your analysis. Almost a quarter of the world is Islamic. And I really don't see any of them having a problem with Brazil.

The problem is not with Brazil, It is however where the Olympics will be held and countries they are fighting their jihad with will be here.  They are not above causing harm to anyone as demonstrated in Paris and California with terror as their chosen weapon.  Brazil isn't prepared for it, but it might just be like any other crime that happens in Brazil since it is so rampant here it will just be like the shoot outs between the police and the drug lords recently. That is not good for tourism and the economy that is on the skids

If we make this about religion, we are falling into a trap. Terrorists hide behind religion and innocents. They use the respect most of the world has for religion as a way to make us question ourselves. We must see terrorists for what they really are-Murderers. They seek power and use fear as the ultimate weapon. The media attention that the Olympics offers will be irresistible for them.

I agree that Brasil should ask for help in securing the events. I fear they will not due to pride.

As I said before, Brasil is not ready for this.

John, I hate to rain on your parade, but you're slightly off the mark when you state that Muslims consider Christians and Jews as "infadels". The arab word for "infadel" simply means people who are not of the book, non-believers. Islam, Chrisitanity and Judaeism all have exactly the same 10 religious truths in common. One of them is the concept of "People of the Book" and even the Curan mentions Christians and Jews as "People of the Book". Funny how so many people just take the word of somebody else or what they see on Facebook as pure gospel. Maybe the article linked to below (written by a Catholic Monsignor) will clear up some misunderstanding.

Truths Jews, Christians and Muslims Hold in Common

ISIS, ISL, Al Quaeda, nor anyone else has anything against Brazil. The only reason that there is a very real potential for terrorism here during the Olympics is that countries like the USA, UK, France, and others considered to be sworn enemies by these groups will concentrated here. Simple as that!

John, terrorism is not about religion, never has been. It's all about politics and the fact that too many countries can't seem to resist the overwhelming desire to interfere in the internal politics of other sovereign nations for various reasons, like control of petroleum, strategic location, political interests in neighboring nations... you name it, they use it as justification to poke there noses in where it doesn't belong. And that's exactly why, if we didn't have the Olympics, Brazil would never have to worry about terrorism because they don't go stirring up hornets nests everywhere they go.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Yes James i have to agree is a religion about believers of the book and that is where the difference lies the only book acceptable to adherents of Islam is the Qu'ran and its tenants. Even though the religion has the same basis of its origins there was a divergence because it is a question of which book with them the Bible is all wrong and only the writings in the Qu'ran are the truth. So it is a matter of perspective, a point of view but enough said.  There is enough evil done in the name of God or Allah for both religions and justifications in both for that evil.

This is not about religion as I can see it is about Terrorist hurting innocent people. If one would not invoke the names of religion this topic would be better. Agree or disagree this is a crime against humanity and I will not blame or share the name of religion for it only is to excite and entice the idiot Terrorist. I will not give these idiots any form of recognition other than what they are Terrorist. One can argue all the time yet the thing I see is no one country can counter the Terrorist agenda and it is to shock and awe and bring about fear, am I afraid for Brazil? Yes for the country is plagued by its own problems of social and economical injustice, police brutally as if the Terrorist all ready exist. This problem will only go away when the people say enough is enough we hope and pray. I will call the Terrorist what they are Terrorist and not let them pigeon hole me into thinking it is religious based. Maybe most will get the knickers in a bunch yet I say do not give them the recognition of being of a religion for it only helps the idiots. I pray that they are not there as one writer stated they have had 8 years to plan for we saw when the Israelis were attacked during the Olympics years ago, as I said earlier in one of my post be vigilant and do not accept this being religious based as it is to  bring Terror and fear as you can see the Terrorist get nada from my thoughts other than being a bunch of cowards claiming to be religious. Thanks for the read and be vigilant and stay aware.