Retiriment Visa

I just Find out that in Indonesia you can not have partner visa! I was thinking moving with my partner to retire but The agent in Bali told me that we cant not share the accommodation lease because we are not married! Does any one knows a way around this?

That's interesting.  This co-habitation by non married couples hardly ever seems to come up here on Bali.  I assume that this issue involves satisfying the residency proof required for your retirement visas?  If so, the solution should be simple…have the notaris make up two lease contracts, one in your name and one in your partner's name.

oh ok! Thanks I will try that!

Hi Ubudian
do you know an agency that is efficient  and not expensive besides Bali IDE that I can contact?
Bali IDE is the one who told me that if we want to live in the same accommodation we should get married!!!
I don't want to get married just for the sake to have a shared accommodation so that our self funded retirement can last!
Who draw the lease contract in joining names? can a real estate agent do that?
as you can see I am in my baby steps! I am going in January to see accommodation and hopefully see a good agent.
Thank you

I've never used these folks as my visa agent but know others who have and with satisfaction: 

http://balimodevisa.com/

Lease contracts are drawn up by notaries, called notaris here.  If you haven't already located a good home to rent with your partner, then for certain you should wait until you are here in January.  It's very risky to take a long term lease out here in Bali without actually seeing the place and its environment in person.

As I mentioned on the other thread you started on this topic, come to Bali on a 60 visit visa which you can renew here in Bali up to 4 times, each time good for 30 days and take your time finding the “right” place.  You can get that 60 day visit visa directly from the Indonesian Consulate in Perth.  Once you have your home selected then you can switch from your visit visa to a retirement visa using the agent of your choice.

Thank you so much! you are very helpful!!

I am about to apply for a retirement visa. I do not understand how it is possible to arrive on 60 day visa and extend monthly when a return air ticket is necessary to get the 60 day visa in the first place. What is one meant to do, pay for the return air ticket booked  for the end of the 60 day visa and then keep on changing the leaving date of the air ticket every 30 days ?

Just come into Indonesia on a VOA which will allow you plenty of time to initiate your application for the retirement visa.

Ubudian wrote:

Just come into Indonesia on a VOA which will allow you plenty of time to initiate your application for the retirement visa.

That works, but remember you have to leave the country to get the visa.
Singapore or Malaysia are the most common destinations.

Well I am presently in Australia hoping to arrange visa from here and be in Gili T before winter really hits here, maybe June.

I am already in Bali! from Perth! my experience has been good with my agent Bali mode!

fifitadog wrote:

I am already in Bali! from Perth! my experience has been good with my agent Bali mode!

Good news.
Would it be ok to ask you to post a little detail, perhaps including the price, please?

The Total price is Rp 8,600,000 for 1 year retirement visa with multiple entries.

Fifitadog...and for you, that includes the agent/sponsor fees with the agent we discussed at an earlier time, viz Bali Mode? 

Also, does that fee include the additional one year extensions, or if not, did you get an estimate/quote for those? 

Finally, did you at any time during your process "catch an odor" of corruption? 

Cheers, and congratulations, Roy

Hi Roy
I think the extension is not included!! I haven't ask them as yet how much it will cost me the following five years! I this point I just wanted an agency prompt to respond and go ahead with my request! so far I haven't experience any corruption! My experience with them so far really good and try to make the whole process easy and stress free ! I am still waiting for my visa in Bali but I decided to travel and collect in Perth when is ready ( they said 2 weeks) I am enjoying living in Bali!! Thank you Roy for all your advice and support! really appreciated!!

OK and great to hear that it all went smoothly for you.   :top:

Cheers, Roy

There are Visa Agents and Licenced Visa Agents.  Email [email protected] he is the only Licenced Visa Agent on Lombok (that I am aware of), he may be able to advise you in this matter. Adrian

Thanks Adrian, I will definitely email Damsiah.

you have to be married to an Indonesian to get a spouse visa...some people call it a family visa..Sometimes..in Denpasar..they lock up locals who are staying in a hotel together not married..