Best City in Canada

What city in Canada would you recommend to live? I and my husband are both nurses and planning to move there. Please help me. What hospital and city is the best?

I prefer cold weather, many establishments and of course less expensive place to live with more job opportunities.

I'm from Philippines by the way. I hope I can get many responses esp from Pinoys who work and stay there.

Am not a pinoy, but Halifax, NS can sure use folks like you and your wife. With a rapidly aging population in this province, the need for folks in the medical field is never in short supply.

Halifax is the largest city in Canada, east of Montreal. You can be fast track if you apply for PR via the NS PNP (provincial nominee program)

What do you mean by NS? And if we'll apply for PR what would be the best job for us there as we already working as Nurses here in KSA?

NS is short for Nova Scotia. Google it up.

https://novascotiaimmigration.com/move- … ess-entry/

toronto is best

Nurses make excellent money here. Toronto or the GTA (anywhere within one hour of Toronto) is BY FAR the best place to live in Canada. I age lived in three major cities in Canada and believe me it is the best in every way! The only shortcoming is the cost of real estate here. It is way way way tooooo high. Most expensive city also for housing.

SunGal wrote:

Nurses make excellent money here. Toronto or the GTA (anywhere within one hour of Toronto) is BY FAR the best place to live in Canada. I age lived in three major cities in Canada and believe me it is the best in every way! The only shortcoming is the cost of real estate here. It is way way way tooooo high. Most expensive city also for housing.

Toronto is a megapolis city. Huge and congested like any other major cities (take Manila for example). You are going to have busy morning commute to work. Congestion times by 3. Not to mention when winter comes, the cold is going to be bone chillingly frigid. Then also don't forget the cost of housing is also another factor. Toronto and Vancouver markets are way way over priced.

But over to the eastern most side of Canada - Halifax, NS is a small quaint city with a modest size of 600K ppl. Morning commutes are bearable. I can't say that congestion is non-existent but it is by far better than any other major cities I've been to. Cold is definitely not as bone chilling as the inland areas as the fact that its a coastal city makes the temperature more moderate. Last but not least, housing is more affordable.

Hi there :) completely agree with you about a busy city and traffic. Hugely agree with you about real estate prices as I mentioned in my earlier post. BUT you do NOT have to commute if you work at a great hospital in the suburbs or just outside of Toronto. Like Oakville, Mississauga  for example. If you are in healthcare there is NO REASON AT ALL that you would need to choose to live near or in the city centre. So commute would be like anywhere else. Also, the transportation system is amazing here. Best in all of Canada. Fast and continuous and in a matter of minutes. Haven't lived in Halifax but lots of people I have met here, like it for visiting ... But not so much for living . BUT AGAIN KEEPING YOUR SITUATION IN MIND ... Being in healthcare your situation may mean that yes, anywhere in Canada could work for you. Healthcare is needed and therefore will be most welcomed. Out east Halifax Nova Scotia and all eastern provinces are in dire need of doctors and nurses. I'm sure you will make the right decision for you :)

Wow. Thank you for that suggestion. Btw, would you know what is the best or atleast a good hospital to apply in Toronto and Halifax? Thanks in advanced!

I hope you would consider Winnipeg. If you like cold, lol, it's aka Winterpeg. Our winters may be cold, but our summers are HOT HOT HOT. There is a huge Phillipino population here and the cost of living is cheap when you compare it to other larger cities in Canada.

HazelRN,

Just don't forget that nursing is a regulated profession in Canada and no matter which province you decide to work in that you're going to have to contact their Nursing Association in order to find out exactly what you need to do in order to have your nursing credentials recognized in Canada, and if you're going to need any additional training to bring you up to Canadian standards in order to exercise the profession in Canada.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team