Any suggestions on meeting people or tips on accomplishing this?

HI there. My partner and I plan to stay (rent) in Havana Cuba or just outside Havana for 6 months every year starting December 2017.  We would like to meet others who are also doing this extremely in expensively.  We have been going to Cuba for over 15 years.  Any suggestions on meeting people or tips on accomplishing this? ???  Susie & Greg

Hi Susie & Greg,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Cuba forum. Hope that it will help you to make new acquaintances with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hello, why Havana? come to Trinidad, Cuba, this is the place to be.

Hi guys!

I've been here for 4 months now and am starting to learn a thing or two.

You can rent apartments very inexpensively if you are staying in the one place for six months. At the moment a tourist will pay $25 upwards / night for a room in Havana.

I do however know quite a few students (foreigners as well) here who are renting either rooms or full apartments for a range of prices varying from $200-$500/month. You don't have to be a student and can probably get cheaper even as a foreigner.

Another solution is couch surfing, which, depending on what style of living you like, can be fine and is unbelievably cheap. (I have a Cuban friend that lets out his Sofa for next to nothing)

Hope this helps!

Jade