1750 KD enough for me and wife? How long to get visa?

Dears, I just got a job offer in Kuwait, 1750 KD, with no other benefits other than the medical insurance and 30 days annual paid leave.

I am an in - house lawyer with 2 and half years of experience, working in the aviation sector. would that salary be enough for me and my wife?

I would also be happy to know how long it will take to get the visa?

My new company has already applied that for me and it has been 3 months with no response from the authorities.

would be helpful to hear from you on the salary and the visa as well.

thanks.

Hello sikusiddick

You will be able to do some savings too with that salary. But depends on what kind of lifestyle you have.

Please check out threads talking about salary packages and living expense in Cost of living in Kuwait section of the forum to have a more decent idea.

Regards
Kenjee

Hello Sir, First of all welcome to Expat.com and heartiest congratulations on getting the job offer.

But you mentioned that you just got the job offer recently while also writing that your Employer/Co. has been trying for the visa for past three months. Sounds a little confusing. Anyways, visa process in Kuwait is taking a hell of a lot time now-a-days in Kuwait. I know people whose process has been going for 6 months or so. I feel that your process will also be delayed until after January, 2016, although I do not want to sound pessimistic. The reason for this being that all visa related process is suspended from the 1st week of December until the 1st or 2nd week of January every year due to the year end inventory. So if you do not hear anything in this month itself yop might as well not be hearing anything till the 10th or 15th of January, 2016.

The offer though is very good I must say. You and your wife can have a decent lifestyle here in Kuwait with very good savings too with that kind of package. I believe you do not have any children as yet since you have not mentioned so. as per me the offer is very good for a start and for your experience of 2 and a half years. You can always try to ask for some allowance like accommodation, travel etc to your prospective employer, but even if they stick to the same offer, you can still grab the offer. Hopefully you will get some bonus later on.

Good Luck Sir and welcome aboard.

I do appreciate that, particularly on the visa delays.

actually my company is processing the visa and it is expected that it will turn out positive. it is with this expectation that i will be receiving the formal offer from the company. the salary was orally negotiated and we settled on that amount. there is no room for accommodation at this stage as i will join as junior. 

I am not in a hurry and can wait till the new year. We do not have kids but still i am hoping that the payment would be enough even if the kids may come along in the future, assuming the current salary is just the start up. i am also expecting bonus.

I am assuming my expenses wont exceed 500 - 600 KD for both of us, living a simple life.

thanks!

Hello again Sir, and wishing you good luck for securing the visa soon.

Regarding the pay package, I have already written that it is very good. And any additional bonuses will just add up.

Regarding expenses, you can expect the following:

1) Accommodation : A decent 1 Bedroom Apartment will cost you anywhere around 220-250 KD and a 2 Bedroom one will cost you around 320 -350 KD unfurnished almost everywhere in Kuwait. But areas close to the sea face and beach and those offering Gym, Swimming Pool, Internet facility etc will cost significantly more. And you can add an extra 120-150 KD for a fully furnished Apartment. I work for **. in Kuwait which is one of the renowned, reputed and professional Real Estate Management Co in Kuwait. If you need any assistance in finding the Apartment of your choice after reaching Kuwait, you can contact me and I will be more than happy to oblige you.

2) Food & Groceries : If you shop smartly and avail of all the special offers at different Super and Hyper Markets these expenses can be easily managed within a maximum of 100-120 KD for you and your wife. Car Installment, fuel, Mobile, Internet, weekend outing & dinner and other household and utilities expenses may cost another 120-150 KD maximum.

So in a nutshell, yes your assumption regarding the monthly expenses is just about correct. Even if we assume that you will have a net expenses bill of 700 KD, you will still save around more than 1000 KD which comes to more than 2 Lakh Rupees per month which is not bad I suppose.

I hope this will satisfy some of your additional queries.