Unlimited Wifi Internet

Hi Everyone,

Is it true that the telecom here dont have unlimited wifi internet package??

I just want to share my experience communicating with the telecom agents. Basically, i am staying now with my mother in law here in Colombo.

For the second day, i called the telecom operator if they have unlimited wifi internet, operator said NO...instead he offers me the data available. So i choose 10GB because thats the only maximum limit allowed.

After, 2 days from the activation, i cannot connect to the internet , so again i called the operator asking what happened..and the agent said the 10GB data is already consumed. I was shocked because its only 2 days and i seldom used internet even my family.

To make the story short, i was pissed off with the telecom agents. And the weird thing, i called 5 times just to inquire this thing and the agent have only 10 mins to entertain the query then it will automatically disconnect.

So 5 times i explain over and over again for my query for different agents..the last call i made im totally pissed off. i asked the agent to activate the package which has the big data capacity, and he suggest the web pro package.

i asked him how many days he can activate so i can used the data, he said the same day.

The next morning, i cannot connect again to the internet so i called the operator, she informed me that i dont have enough data.. i was shocked again because i applied web pro package which is 100GB..

so again the agent explain it to me that the web pro package is not yet activated and i need to wait another 20 days for activation.

Bottomline i was totally pissed of the poor service and the telecom agent seems they dont know the job well.

Is it the normal system here in Sri Lanka for the telecom??

Once you applied for a SLT connection, you have to wait till end of the current billing cycle to change the package.
Except the LankaBell, remaining providers giving you restricted data packages.