Batteries

Someone mentioned to me that batteries were a problem and I should bring rechargeable ones with me. Before I blow the $ to do that (it gets expensive initially) thought I'd ask for some feedback on this issue from you all. When you consider 4 different sizes and a charge it really does add up and good batteries (high power ones for things like flashlights and such) drive the price up even more.

So, to recharge or not to recharge?

We've not had issues with batteries. (Duracell) The only things we use batteries for are tv and receiver, DVD player and a/c remotes. Batteries last forever. Our large flashlights are plug ins.

I believe that one big problem here is that the batteries in the shops may have been hanging around in a warm damp environment for some time before you buy them. We bring in fresh batteries and keep them in the fridge.

Spanish Lookout stores, larger hardware stores in Belmopan and BC, Brodie's etc. may have a larger turnover. We put new batteries in our tv remote amost 4 years ago and the remote is still working. Even when we lived on the coast, with all the salt air, we did not have issues. Maybe we've just been lucky all this time 😉

http://www.duracell.ca/en-ca/battery-care-and-disposal