Considering a Nursing offer in Leamlara Village, Cork, Ireland

Good day guys!  :)
I am a Filipino nurse currently working in Abu Dhabi, UAE. A year ago, I turned to the forum pages of this site to help me make the big move from the Philippines to the UAE. Now, I am asking for help yet again regarding a possible move to Ireland. I hope the forum moderators and members can offer their help.

I am being offered a job as a nurse for a nursing home outside of Leamlara Village in County Cork. I would like to seek advice as to whether a 17 euros per hour salary is enough for the living costs of a single bachelor. I don't have a clear picture of living costs and lifestyle for nurses in Ireland so it would be great if someone of the same background can help with any information.

i actually have a lot of questions to ask but I think a nurse currently working in Ireland would be most helpful answering them. Nonetheless, any help from the community is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help guys. I will be waiting for responses

I don't live in Ireland, neither am I a nurse, so I'll let people who do, comment on that.  Speaking generally, It's double the "minimum wage" in Ireland (€8.65 p/hour) and is also above the "living wage" (€11.45 p/hour), which is what "experts" have worked out is the minimum you need to live adequately; the market place (old people social care) is never going to go away, so it's a minimal risk in that respect.  The Irish economy has been pretty flat recently, but is now starting to pick up, so it's certainly worth considering.  You also need to consider the visa/immigration issues you may face moving into the EU.

I'd advise you to use the Internet to look at housing costs and social aspects.  Google maps tells me it's about 20 km from Cork, which is a nice place, so perhaps would be a good place to start looking.

Best of luck in your search. :)