Government Visa possible to transfer to Private Visa?

Good Day Friends!
I am working here in Kuwait for 3 years and previous employer was NAS ( National Aviation Services). I already filed my resignation 2 mos ago, and tried to apply in a food service industry. But then, my new employer told me that it would be difficult to transfer my visa to private since I am previously in a government project. Nas gave me release papers though,but my new employer wouldnt want to continue on with the process for he said that I would be legally liable to my previous company.

My questions are:
1. Is it really impossible to transfer my visa to a private company?
*** i have read though last week at kuwait times that it is possible, but with a fee of 300 kd. Is this rule effective now?
2. What are the options that I must consider then?

I really need your advise. Thank you so much! God bless you!

unfortunately it is true; i am currently doing an audit covering such a thing with one of our subsidiaries, and we came to learn from HR that the new law (new laws get printed every day at MOSAL) states that if you came into Kuwait on a private visa i.e. private sector company (article 18) then you can transfer to and from govt. projects. whereas if you came in on a govt. visa, you can only transfer to govt. projects, not to private companies.

sorry.