Expat Wants To Purchasing a co.tz Domain While Currently Back in USA

Hey guys,

I am an expat who stayed in Tanzania for about a year.  I am back in the U.S. and want to set up a lifestyle blog for expats and middle class Tanzania's in the country. 

I want it to be authentically focused on the community in TZ and thus want to use a co.tz domain.  The only problem is that I am currently back in the U.S. and I am at a lost at the best way to go about registering my companies name.

Obviously NameCheap and the GoDaddy's of the world do not offer co.tz as an option.  And all the other Western sites that I see offering to register my site are running at minimum 90 dollars a year, way to expensive.

I have run across a couple of TZ sites that provide domain purchasing services but I want to make sure that I am purchasing from a credible tech company that both won't simply act like they are selling it to me only to close shop overnight or one that may use what ever data angle to steal my card information.

Any guidance would be most helpful.

Thank you

MM

where in philly ? I am from NE

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Proposition of services not allowed on the forum

Hi Mavinga.
I don't have much idea on domain hosting. But I bought .co.tz domain for someone at 30000tsh about 15 $. That was few months before.