Working as an English Foreign language teacher in Czech Republic

Good afternoon all,
So I'm thinking about coming to the Czech Republic to work for a year or so with my wife. I'm a Foreign language teacher currently plying my trade in South west China. I've been working as a foreign language teacher for nearly five years, I'm TEFL and CELTA qualified but i don't hold a bachelors degree at all.

Is it completely unheard of to get work as an English teacher without the Degree? I'm just looking for something to keep our travel funds ticking over.

Anyway, any advice or information you have would be of great use to us

Many thanks

P.S I am a citizen of the UK

I'm considering a language school called smaller earth for 4 weeks is it a food one. Does anyone know...thanks

Usually in any reputable school, a B.Ed degree is a requirement, though it may vary from region to region. Experience, of course comes handy.
I think your best shot would be to contact schools directly to see their requirement.

Good luck
Z

0llie1983 wrote:

Good afternoon all,
So I'm thinking about coming to the Czech Republic to work for a year or so with my wife. I'm a Foreign language teacher currently plying my trade in South west China. I've been working as a foreign language teacher for nearly five years, I'm TEFL and CELTA qualified but i don't hold a bachelors degree at all.

Is it completely unheard of to get work as an English teacher without the Degree? I'm just looking for something to keep our travel funds ticking over.

Anyway, any advice or information you have would be of great use to us

Many thanks

P.S I am a citizen of the UK

Hi,
You are off topic here. Though Smaller Earth does have a good repute.

Good luck
Z

Yengyang wrote:

I'm considering a language school called smaller earth for 4 weeks is it a food one. Does anyone know...thanks

OK. Thanks

No problem

Yengyang wrote:

OK. Thanks