Accepting a job in Al Jadida in Morocco

Hey, I'm actually thinking of accepting a job in Al Jadida in Morocco. The pay is 7000 dirham a month. I'm a New Yorker living in Istanbul now.

Is Morocco a fun place for non-muslim single men to live? I enjoy a beer and live music.
Is 7000 dirham a low wage per month?

Much appreciated,
Tim

Hi Tim,

You'll have a better response from locals if you post in Morocco forum. You can choose Morocco from DESTINATIONS.

Good  luck
Z

Hi Tim,

I have moved your post on the Morocco forum.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I have been told that hotel workers receive (£300) 4200 dh / month, which is enough to live on when sharing accommodation etc.

Hello,

I am from San Francisco, CA and wanna move to Morocco since my wife is from there. I just wanna know what company you are working with? Are they hiring? Do you know of any American company would hire in Morocco?
I do web design and tech support...

Best,
Reed

You will probably have more luck bringing her over to the States to be with you, than establishing yourself there.

Hi Tim,
The 7000 dh can be enough but it depends on you.
The most expensive thing here is the alcohol hahahah
Well if you want to buy it in a market would be cheap but in the clubs it's really expensive.
Don't worry for the religion, here people don't really care about your religion and all like to enjoy.
Well I think with this salary u can have a pretty good life here but you don't have to expect a luxurious life hahaha

I am an American living and working here now. For this central region of the country, 9,000 Dirham per month is more realistic for 40hrs full time work.

See if you can get 13000 dirhams a month, for you will struggle if you are living alone and paying rent in El Jadida.  You may want to move to a tourist area for Muslims do not drink beer, wine or spirits.  Make sure you are getting Health Insurance. Good luck.

Apparently El-Jadida is quite liberal compared to other places, according to a non-Muslim I know, who lives there for years, without changing any of his lifestyle and habits. He doesn't do things alone, as some Moroccan themselves drink at the clubs. So the thread starter might fit in well.