School search

Hello.
I am planning to move to KSA in 2016.
I would like more information regarding primary schooling in the country.
I have no idea where to start.
What are the months of school? The hours a day? The days of the week
school is in session?
This would be a good start.

Thanks.

Hello,,
You are very welcome to Saudi.
We have a lot of school here and usually start in April. And if you interested we have American school, UK school and also we have Saudi's school learning from US books. So don't worry about it, you have to contact American embassy in Saudi and they will take care of you.

US Embassy won't help you. The American School is American International School Riyadh. Google for website. All their information is included (hours,schedule, FEES, etc)...Basically nine month schedule similar to a US one, except school is Sunday -Thursday. Weekends are Friday (holy day) and Saturday.

Did the company's offer include school tuition and fees including uniforms? If not renegotiate to include it. International schools in KSA are insanely expensive with RIyadh being the costliest.

What about the Indian schools? how much is the fees and when the school starts in KSA?

Thank you. That is a start and I will check it out.

Are only international schools offered to expats?
I will only accept a contract with school fees and
uniforms included.

No Saudis can attend to if they can afford the fees. Also keep in mind registrations for 2016/2017 will actually start soon with most filling enrollment by April. And all kids are given assessment tests prior to being accepted, even 3 year olds.

Thank you.
What if you miss the cutoff? or your child doesn't do well with the
exam?
What do parents do then?
I am just curious as I like to have a plan A, B, and C for every
situation.

Most schools do wait lists. As for not doing well on the exam I am not sure as my kids are still young. What age are you looking for? I know with 3 year olds they must be potty trained and basically independent in the bathroom. My 6 year old was asked to write her name and numbers
Not sure what else as I was not in the room. Many families apply to multiple schools so they have a better chance of getting into one.

My daughter will be 6 next year. If it is as simple
as writing her name, then we have that covered.
However, it just depends on her sometimes how
well she does on exams.