Termination

Hi all,

I have been working in Bahrain for the last 20 months. I am into oilfield and as the business is down the company has decided to  terminated my employment. I have been put on notice period until Nov 30th.  The contract was for 2 years.
I would like to know whether iam  eligible for any compensations or what all should i ask during settlement. Any indeminities or anything like that......  pls help

If there are no specific terms in your contract in regards to contract termination and the termination is covered by the entitlement of the Bahrain Law, you should be entitled to all your dues up to the day of termination plus some form of compensation as per the description of Article 110 and 111 (see below).

Without being a lawyer and having specific legal knowledge, my understanding is that your case falls under article 110 and case c of Article 111 so you should be entitled to compensation for the remaining period of the contract which most likely will be 3 months as stated in the last sentence of the case c of Article 111.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2vls7iv.jpg