Places to go in Sussex.

Hi everyone,

I'm sure there are lot of places to see in Sussex. ;) Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in Sussex? :)

Which places would you recommend to newcomers? (restaurants, pubs, discos, theaters, cinemas, concert halls...)

Thanks to you all. :cool:

Hello Christine,

Well I don't drink so don't really go to pubs and if I want to go to the theater or cinema I will usually go to the West end in London for a day out.

I don't know that I could choose 10!

Brighton and Lewes are fantastic places to go to for food. I always go to Bill's in Lewes, it's a Deli/homecooking place that also does breakfast. Everything is delicious but I have a soft spot for the eggs Benedict and the fish finger sandwich. You can visit the old castle and the home of Anne of Cleves.

There's an excellent Japanese place in Preston Street in Brighton but there are so many other restaurants, it's all down to personal taste. Great for veggies, lots of smoothie bars in the Lanes, vibrant nightlife, the slightly bonkers palace is great to visit as well as the Pier.

The Brighton Marina is perfect for a restaurant and movie date, it's got a big cinema complex and lots of restaurants to choose from.

The Friars' Oak pub in Hassocks is really good. It's part of the Vintage Inn chain but still outstanding food.

With kids, the best place by far is Drusillas Park near Alfriston. It's got a big zoo, play areas for all ages, paddling pool, train rides.