Good accomodation in Malta

Hello I am a Scotsman  visiting Malta next year but on different social media sites I get many different opinions on the quality of various places/hotels to stay....some seem very good...then I find bad reports.....therefore  what is your opinion of somewhere you recommend in or near St Julians but not far from Valetta....I dont like it too quiet but would like 'nice' accomodation...mainly clean with pleasant people/staff to help with advice etc.
I appreciate your advice as I am travelling on my own.
Thanks in anticipation of your assistance......tartanjimmy

Try hotel Fortina in sliema - they have four or five star hotel and it's I between st Julian's and Valletta

It depends on your budget.

My mother just spent a week in the Rocca Nettuno Suites, Sliema, accommodation was excellent, only negative was the food as the went against my advice and stayed half board. They enjoyed eating out much more.

Also Fortina is nice, Juliani in St Julians and La Meridien, also St Julians

I agree it depends on your budget.

I have heard good reports about The Preluna Hotel and The Waterfront Hotel in Sliema. Both on the seafront, and well situated for both walking and buses into St Julians.

Before moving here, I have stayed in the Palace Hotel in Sliema which is set back from the seafront on a hill in Sliema and so quieter than most for a central hotel. It's very nice, but rather expensive unless you are coming in Winter and find a deal online.  If you ask of and get a room on a high floor, there are some splendid views.  Also,I stayed at The Radisson Blu, St Georges Bay which is nice and the other side of St Julians and very quiet. However it is a 20 minute walk(roughly) into St Julians centre (including a hill) and again may be expensive unless you find a deal.

A relative stayed at the Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort which overlooks St Georges Bay and found it to be very smart and comfortable. They had a half board package and had lots of choice and thought it good quality. about a ten minute walk into St Julian's centre (including a hill).

The Bayview Hotel is on the Strand in Gzira, well located on the Sliema border. Cheaper than the above, but more basic in style.

Hope that helps.

Charley