University Bursary

Kindly is there someone that can give us more information on the University's - we are staying in South Africa
and my daughter wants to further her study's in three years time, but with the current problems we have here, we are thinking of the possibility for her to perhaps further her study's in Mauritius.  Is there bursaries available?  And what do the university's offer young people - she is looking at some sort of a medical degree?

Hi,

Unfortunately, university options are very limited in Mauritius especially when it comes to the medical field. There is a medical school in Belle Rive, in the center of the island, but I don't really know about their entry criteria and the level of studies. Moreover, most Mauritians go abroad for medical studies; In Europe, Australia and now India and China.

With new development schemes, there will be high-end jobs for medical professionals but as of now for studies, most opt for foreign universities.

Thank you kindly for the reply, do u perhaps have the detail of that specific Medical School?

Hi,

It's called the SSR medical college.

http://www.ssrmedicalcollege.com/main.p … ction=home

Students who go there need to have excellent high school results. I know of some students who went there and the level of studies is quite high.

Most mauritians go abroad for medical studies. But, the university of mauritius does also provide some biomedical or biology/chemistry degrees, which can act as a starting point to enter the medical field as scientists. It depends on what she wants.

Yeah, depends on which field of medicine you are opting for. Also some start here and then go abroad for specialization.