Is this a legitimate business?

I've been in contact with a modeling/talent agent by the name of Nigeria Modeling World.  Does anyone know if this is a legitimate business or what the best way is to find out if a business in Nigeria is legit?  I'm heavily considering coming to Nigeria to work in the talent/modeling industry there, and would like any info/advice I could get.  Thank you for your reply.

Hello!  I'm heavily considering coming to Nigeria to work in the talent/modeling industry there, and would like any info/advice I could get.  I've been in contact with a modeling/talent agent by the name of Nigeria Modeling World. 

Does anyone know if this is a legitimate business or what the best way is to find out if a business in Nigeria is legit? 

Thank you for your reply.

Sincerely,
Chris Warren

Hello Chris,

Welcome on board  :)

Since you already have a thread on the Nigeria forum, i merged your second post to this thread so that members can easily provide you with feedbacks on one thread only.

All the best,
Bhavna

Two approaches you may wish to adopt:

1]  Do a Background check on the company, using any of the Background check firms in the country; and / or

2]  look the company up in the Govt registry for businesses, named the CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION, (CAC), headquartered in Abuja but with offices all over the country.

Best of luck.

Chris Kiwamu,
LAGOS.

Thumbs up, Bhavna.

In addition to the CAC, you may also ask a reliable person/contact you know before; send him or her the contact details of the person that contacted you to check him/her or the company out first. Then you can take a decision. But be aware that many people make fictitious business proposals.

Never heard of them
Ask for their contact details and ask a friend to check them out for you. That way u ll be safe