Ideal salary in Kyiv

Hi!
My name is Xim, and I'm planning to work in Ukraine to improve my speaking skill a bit since I know Ukrainian and Russian  already. I just had my online interview a few days ago, and the HR asked me how much money I want to make per month. I was not sure how much to ask for due to the current economy there, so I want to ask if anyone knows how much is reasonable for me in order to have a decent life there. The job is a multilingual copywriter for a game company. Thank you for reading my post!

Do they provide accommodation?

Hi there!
I guess no, I have to find my own pkace

Hello,
it will depend on how much your spend on things you need like clothes,food, and other things. Rent is going to be the most expense for you. I would say 15,000 hyr would be a comfortable salary. I have a zinka and we live nicely on less than this. But we own our apartment.
Lawrence

Thank you for the reply Lawrence.

I would say that 15000 UAH is not enough.
Usd 1000 is minimum. But of course everything is personal.

Zdrustvuyte::

I hate too say this,,,,,,,,,,,,I have been to Kyiv and lived in Kyiv more years than you can imagine.  So many times that immigration never questions how long I stay at any time. Everytime I come and go they just stamp my passport., and never say one word too me.Two months ago I had to return to the USA for personal reasons, I sold everything I had there includings my cars. Upon my return to Kyiv in October the immigration officer said to me glad to see you back. She said are you now through with your trips to America. Anyway, of all the years living in Kyiv, I have never met any foreigners making 23,000 hyr a month.. My lovely Zinka has a sales position and if she makes 5,000 hyr a month with bonuses she is doing very well. Most of the Ukranian people that live in my building that work make 2-----------4,000 hyr a month. I am very lucky that I do not have to work, at different times I work online but most of ther time I take care oif the home. If I could go and get a job making 23,000 hyr a month I would jump on it in a second.
Lawrence

15000 is not enough salary for me but i asked someone in Kharkov they said salaries there could hit 1500 USD, ecpecially for programmers, and it would be different from city to city. May i ask why you didn't choosed to work in Middle East? DUBAI ? QATAR? BAHRAIN? the minimum amount is 2000 !!!! Free apartment + transport

Hi there!
My major at school is Eastern European history, I have had taken both Ukrainian and Russian languages classes, I just want to stay in the country that I have been studying for a while to improve my languages and get used to the game industry.
And also, since they're looking for a mandarin-English copywriter, it's not that compatible comparing to other positions. I did ask for 1500 for this job, let's see what is going to happen.
Thanks for your advice!

Thank you for your advice!

The only way to make good money in Ukraine is to have your own business.  Salaries are low, but that is the nature of the best.  Do not be afraid to shoot out a salary to them, but be prepared to negotiate with them.  Wish you the best of luck.

What is the procedure  to start a business  in Ukraine

Adreams wrote:

What is the procedure  to start a business  in Ukraine

Hi, your question is out of this topic. There is another thread on this forum dedicated to doing business.
Anyway, answering to your question - you should understand what you want to do. This is a starting point. Knowing that helps to understand your goals, needs and requirements.
If you are interested merely in how to set up a company in Ukraine, then there is a blog on this website and it contains a detailed guide step by step with forms, samples and everything.

If you can earn $2000 per month you should be fairly comfortable.
You could do it for half that......but it would be a struggle and you'd have to live thriftly.

Times are hard in Ukraine, don't expect to get more than 12 000 or 15 000 uah… (maybe less)

Hi Xim, My name is Raj. I am from India. I am living in Kharkov, Ukraine. Salary depends on Your Profession and experience. I hope that you could speak English too.  If it is IT related company or US out sourcing company,They may pay 700$ to the beginner. You would get more, If you had experience. My Best Wishes to you.