Health Insurance Coverage

Well I finally made it to Colombia.  Decided to retire early at 54 yrs of age and live with my wife who's Colombian.  The only issue that I have encountered thus far is obtaining health insurance.  Seems while I was still living in the U.S. I had prostate surgery.  I am cancer free now, but when my wife applied for better health insurance coverage on my behalf.  I was denied coverage for at least 5 years due to my prior cancer. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on a company that would be more acceptable for coverage? 

Also, anyone living in the Rionegro area please drop me a line.

Hello Texas Bred,

You can inquire from our partner in health insurance here : Expatriate health insurance in Colombia

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi, Bahvna.
Isn't that link you provided for "external" insurance coverage - a company not based Colombia?  Are we not eligible for EPS or Sanitas or another Colombian provider?  Thanks, Walter

Hello there Walter,

The link is for expatriate members as a whole. As far as the other companies you mentioned are concerned, there are good chances you will get a coverage, however, you will have to contact them for further details.

The following thread provides some information about medical insurance : Medical Insurance

Cheers,
Bhavna