Recycling glass

Just wondered if anyone knew where we can recycle glass in Mauritius, preferably in the Quatre Bornes area?  I know about the recycling in Jumbo but that is paper, plastic and metal only.  I also know about taking beer bottles back to the shop - this is wine bottles, jam jars, etc.

TIA

J.

Hi

You can try the Phoenix glass gallery.

Access:
There are road signs at the Phoenix roundabout. 
Phone number: 696 33 60
Open from Monday to Saturday from 8am to 5pm.

Map: http://maps.google.mu/maps?hl=en&client … CCUQnwIwAw

Hope that helps.

Hello, I just arrived in Flic en Flac last week and am looking for a place to drop my used glass jars and bottles for recycling. Also interested in recycling paper etc. Is there a recycling drop off point nearby? Many thanks for your help.

In the West there is a recycling point in Tamarin where the supermarket Shoprite is, unfortunately they don't recycle glass. You can leave plastic, cardboard and cans, I know there are places that recycle glass just not on the West coast. I was thinking about contacting the recycling company to find out what it would take to get it in the area as there is obviously a need for it

Hi Emma, thanks for your reply. I will start using the Tamarin drop off point. It would be great if you can find out what the recycling company can do in Flic en Flac regarding the glass and let us know on the forum! I find Mauritius overall pretty clean. You dont see garbage on the streets Or Iin the nature. People seem to be quite aware of the environment which is great.

I am not sure if it is correct to mention this but there is an old guy on a Bicycle who comes to Flic en Flac most days and collects cans bottle etc to recycle I think Have a look out for him especially on rubbish collection days or on a Monday after the weekend as he collects all the discarded beer tins and plastic water bottles that are not put into the rubbish bins.  Perhaps if you have a regular supply of glass bottles for recycling he could make an arrangement with you to come on a certain or you just leave them outside for him.