Any school fexible in hiring teachers with -4year degree ?

HELP PLEASE

My name is Austin Scott, I am a 22 year old, native English speaking American. I am very interested in the possibility of teaching english as a second language to students in China. Currently I am taking TEFL courses to help my chances of obtaining a job as an english teacher overseas. My only concern is that I do not have a four year degree. I am very professional, polite, well dressed, intellegent, and I am currently tutoring three Spanish speaking children in Chicago to speak English as a second language.
I understand that eastern China specifically, is seeking Native English speaking teachers from America, so I believe that I could be an asset to this community.  My question is, are there any schools in China that are flexible in hiring teachers with less than a four year degree?

Thank you in advance for any advise you can spare me, I really appreciate it.

Austin Scott

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

I guess there will be some companies will accept some American teachers who have less than four year colleage education.After all ,it is easier for foreigners to land a job in China ,especially foreigners from USA or UK .I am Chinese and work in shenzhen now.There are so many westerners work as a teacher in guangzhou,beijing,dalian ,shenzhen.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board Austin  :)

A new thread has been initiated from your post and the feedback you had on the China forum so that you may better exchange infos.

Thank you for your contribution Clare213  :thanks:

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you Clare

Thanks Bhavna, I really appreciate it

Scott, first use your spell check if you want them to take you seriously.  Second, just tell them you have a degree, they don't know and they don't care.  You just need to have a diploma that you can get off the internet.  Getting your TESOL certificate is more important.

Thank you etbean2001. Haha, how ironic that I misspelled the word "intelligent" haha.

hello,
I saw your advertisement of an English language teacher on "Expat.com".
I am a Cameroonian and i am holder of BA in English and French from the
University of Buea.
Presently, I am doing a part time online International Masters Degree in Conflictology.
I believe i am just the right person for this job as i have 5 years experience in teaching
English as a second language.
I am ready at all time if you consider my application.
While waiting for a favourable response,
I remain yours

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

HELLO Bvana,
i just the advert for an English teacher and i just posted
my interest for the job

Hello Tanya,
Thank you for you kind response to our advert.
Unfortunately, we are seeking native English speakers from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA or UK.
I thank you again for your interest and wish you success in your search.
Kind regards

etbean2001 is posting some dangerous information. 

Recently, the folks in the Visa Offices are starting to request certification of Diplomas and Criminal Background Checks.  This just started about 60 days ago.

Up until then, yes, you could just buy a diploma, but no anymore.  If you are already here, you are fine, this is for new entrants.

So, this means you will not have a Resident Visa/Work Visa. 

You can still teach in China and work but it is not completely above board.  This will make you vulnerable to shady schools and Agencies.  I have heard too many stories of Agencies promising "this" and "that".....and schools screwing over folks.

Being here on a Business Visa or "M" Visa is fine for the short term.....and many people do it.  Just be aware of the risks.

there are many Chinese language schools teaching children English.  they need need English teachers. It doesnt matter if you have the degree or not. Just need you can speak English. You can search on the internet.

hello Sharon,can you please give me the links to chinese langauge
schools in need of english teachers?
Best
Emmanuel

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of external links and services not allowed

any institution able to get you a valid work visa for teaching will also need to see a diploma.  There are no more avenues to "having a friend in the Visa office fix us up".   

Another option is coming in on a 10 Year Tourist visa and working "under the table" .  This is possible, but inconvenient and carries risks, as if you are caught working on a tourist visa you'll be kicked out and never to return again.  They don't mess around!  But, I know some teaching opportunities (home schoolers, chinese kids needing english lessons, certain of the schools which cannot offer work visa, but pay under the table...)

Most schools don't ask for the 4 year degree just the Tesl certification if that!

Reason : Promotion of own services and sharing of external links not allowed

Hello Teacher,
I am looking for Native teacher for public schools around Hcmc.teach 25-40 hours/week.So can you send me Cv and dilopma?I will send schedule i need now
Thank you

Reason : Sharing of contact infos on forum not allowed + please drop advert in JOBS section

Yes. You must look very hard. Many schools will hire you., However, they won't be able to get you a work visa. You must get a business visa or a tourist visa on your own. Working without a work visa is illegal. If I were you, I'd get my bachelor degree before going to China

Hello Austin,

Great to read you ad. We are looking for teachers like you. We run a language school in Langfang (20 min by train to Beijing). Langfang is a "small size city" with about 4.5 million people. We are growing and we are in urgent need of help.
If you are interested in we would be happy to welcome you in our team. I'm German and we teach German and English for international companies in Langfang as well for students at university and all interested in people.
Please send your CV/ resumee. We are paying for visa, flight, accomodation and a salary from 10000 RMB (about 1600 USD). Looking forward to get some information about you.
Best,
Oliver
At the moment I'm in Germany, going back to China in about 2 weeks.

Just to let you know: Langfang is one of the most polluted cities in China

@chinaprofis could you please post in the jobs section ?

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/china/

Thanks