Case history about existing land leaser

Dear Friend, nice to see your reply...my id is xxx   .....i want to take land on lease for farming from ethiopian gov ..i want to know the case history about existing land leaser ...whether their projects are viable or any problem from gov or from local people etc etc.....

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello there singhsk2006,

A new thread has been created from your post on the Ethiopia forum so that you may get some feedbacks.

All the best,
Bhavna

Forget investing in ethiopia. They will make all sorts of promises to hook you. Then they will bfeak them. Running a business here is a total nightmare.

Hello

once you have your land agriculture is a business in Ethiopia, but the problem is getting the land, that might take you more then a year.

1. a lot of local will offer you land.....I have land, lets make a joint venture...never heard that this worked out well for the NON Ethiopians!

2. Information on the internet, for excample of the Horticulture Pormotion Agency is wrong, they list 1000ten of ha, if you come to the office they show you some 400 ha thats it.

3. A lot of regions have land but do not report this land to the federal bodies, so you need to travel, going to Addis no way

4. A lot of land has been taken by "investors" doing nothing, only speculating, GOV knows this but has limited tools and is now fearing in many cases to give some "unknown stranger" land.

5. you need first a legal personalety, meaning a investment licience and a PLC, that will require 200.000 USD first in a ET Bank account. No regional investment office will talk to you with out this / take the risk and transfer first!

6. Some regions are currently giving no land at all to new investors due to some political problems in the last view month.

May I ask

How much land you are looking for?
In which climate zone?
What do you want to grow?

Oliver

PS> Ethiopien Development Bank has stopped all loan aplication for agriculture for the time beeing / why unclear. They promiss to start soon again!

Do not invest in Ethiopia. You will regret it.  Rules on tax and customs duty change daily. AVOID THIS COUNTRY.