Private health insurance

Hello
Myself and my husband are relocating to Spain next year. My husband is taking early retirement but we know we will have to pay for private medical insurance until we reach state retirement age. Any advice on the best company to approach?

Also, does anyone know how much blood tests, visits to docs and prescription costs are please?
I take Thyroid meds and need six monthly blood tests.

Many thanks

hello
the best is mafre
cheers
Ray

we have researched several and used mafre for a year and now are with DKVSeguros.  Here is all of our research.  We found it cheaper to go with a local agent rather than the online prices and packages.  http://wagonersabroad.com/medical-insur … plication/

You can get an S1 and you are covered in Spain, since April 2015 you are also able to return to the UK for any treatment. You can get whatever medication from a health centre in some cases you may have the prescription photocopied and re-use it for more same medication, but you can buy 6 months or more pills in one go.

Try and keep away from foreign doctors use Spanish ones or you get ripped off. Hope you settle in ok

Don't trust other English or foreigners easily you will lose out.

we use ASISA - and it is good for us