Planning on buying vacation home/rental

Hi,

I wanted to see how easy it is to buy a vacation home/rental in Montenegro? How has it been assimilating to the culture in Montenegro? Can it get boring or is there lot to do? Are people in Montenegro warm and inviting or cold and unfriendly? How expensive is it compared to the US? Your input and honesty would be very much appreciated.

Hi there!Its pretty easy to purchase a house or apartment in Montenegro if u got enough money. People here are very friendly and nice. Montenegro is mixture of mountains and sea coast tows so it wouldnt be boring, because if u get bored on the beach you can go for mountains. Air is very fresh and mood in Montenegro is always great.

Hi!

I have a property for sale in Montenegro if you are interested?!

Drop me a line on my personal e-mail:

If you're not interested I wish you every success anyway.  I have only ever encountered friendliness from the people when on holiday there and for natural beauty it has to be one of the last great unspoilt regions of Europe.  Good luck!

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

hi, my british friends are selling luxury villa with pool and two pieces of land on both sides of it.
each piece is 370 sq.m
that means the house is always privately fensed by the live fence all around.
got a pool of two levels and garage
situated at the village like Portofino. greate views both directions: to the sea and from the sea - I live on my boat ;0)

as for your questions.
if you get bored in here - you gotta be bored anywhere ;0)
I came here almost 6 years ago an still amusing.
that actually explains quite high prices for properties - good people, nature etc.
no steeling - people leave the wallets on the beach and find it when get back.

prices generally equal to Portuguese

prices depend on what you wanna buy and where. I have more than 2000 objects for sale if u need any further information you can contact me. Thanks

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

My recommendation is always first to rent, spend some time, here and there, and then decide where you would like to buy the property, which place suits you for summer and winter. Also with some time spent here you will be experienced enough to buy the property for fair price.... they can always ask more when they see you are from States, but at the end if they really want to sell it, you will get lowest price....

Hey there,

First of all I can also confirm all that is said above, especially about friendliness, safety / low crime and beauty of the country.

Excaliburhope wrote:

I wanted to see how easy it is to buy a vacation home/rental in Montenegro?

Buying process is very straightforward, and as Docperic says, it is advisable to have a local friend or another expat who's been living here long enough, preferably who is familiar with property issues, to confirm the reality of prices, urban documents, building permits... Land registries are accessible online to anyone, so you can easily check ownership rights / existence of mortgages etc. Until a few years ago, lawyers were handling the sales contracts but now Notaries have been "implemented" for that. However it is a good idea to hire a lawyer to check the land records on the day of the signature to make sure no changes have been made to the title deed on the same day (as this would not have appeared online yet). That's about it !

Excaliburhope wrote:

How has it been assimilating to the culture in Montenegro? Can it get boring or is there lot to do? Are people in Montenegro warm and inviting or cold and unfriendly?

Montenegro is at the border of western and eastern Europe, so for us, coming from "the West" there is no big culture shock like you'd have in Asia. It is interesting here to see the various influences (Italian, Austrian, Turkish...) that shaped the country, its food, habits... One of the biggest challenge I have faced, even though I come from the south of France where people are rather relaxed, is that here they are super-relaxed... Which is a great thing for holidays, etc. but can be frustrating when you do business. I like to say that one of the first words you will learn here is "Sutra", which means "Tomorrow". You'll quickly understand. So anyway, you must adapt to this and be/learn to be patient.
So yes people are very friendly. If you like big cities life, you could get bored, here is more of a country-side life, where you can practice almost any single sports, swim, ski, hiking, go fishing, paragliding, etc etc. So if you love nature, you won't be bored. If you like going to the theater every night, you will (except July-August when there are a lot of festivals).

Excaliburhope wrote:

How expensive is it compared to the US?

Try this website for an idea of the differences: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/comparison.jsp

Here is for ex. between New York and Tivat :
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/co … ity2=Tivat

All the best!