Salary in kuwait and cost living

Dear Friend

I have got a job offer from Alshaya and the salary is KD 750PM all inclusive HRA, TA as I am indian having experience web analytics for 6 years

Well, the most mattering criteria is the saving potential while accepting an overseas assignment.

How much I might save with this kind of package after mitigating a decent life? How will be the monthly expenses? I will be there along with my wife.

Friends, if anyone can give me an outlined idea !!!

Best wishes

Hello salary11

Browsing through all the threads talking about the same issue will surely help you get an idea of living expenses and how much you can save from your Salary :

> Cost of living in Kuwait

Regards
Kenjee

Thank Kenejee,

Is anyone have other views on this thread

It is impossible to answer your question because "decent life" is an entirely subjective category.

And as kenjee said, this has been discussed in forum over and over....and over again.

Hi Ribosom

Thank you for reply, what do you thing this salary fair to live a family (husband and wife) in kuwait?
your advise needed

thanks in advance

First, for an IT guy with 6 years of experience. 750KD is a little bit below the average.
but here is some numbers that might help you estimate.
Accommodation cost:
studio is 150+ KD
1 bedroom apartment is 200+ KD
2 bedroom apartment is 350+ KD
Food:
for a family of 2, i think 200 KD is OK, but consider if you wanna go for a nice meal every now and then you'll pay around 10-15 KD per person.

Transportation:
if you gonna use the public transportation (buses which doesn't cover a lot of routes) it will cost 1/4 KD per trip.
Taxi, the minimum charge is 1 KD and for a 15-20 minutes ride, you could pay around 2 KD.
Gas is cheap so if you manage to get a car that will be the best option (consider the driver's license restrictions here).

My salary is 475kd advice me how to survive.

It is not a good offer for 6 years experience IT guy. If you come with your family ,you will not able to save even  KD 200. If you search  you will get  KD 500  or more salary's job   in India.  I am also working in IT sector, so I advise you not to join on KD 750, you should get at least KD 1500.

Housing : KD 260-300 (small one bhk)
home made Food + outside food (2 times in a month) : KD 180
CAR : KD 100-130  (EMI)
Transportation : KD 10-12 (Bus)

Not much money to travel for .  It is about $2,500.00 USD.

Hi

750k enough for 1 person , If company provide accommodation,Transportation etc.
If u want to come with ur family 950kd to 1000kd above is enough

For IT People Dubai and Kuwait is heaven.(Dubai is costlier )

Thanks ADR_forever and all for your views, is it possible to save 300-400 kd per month?

If ur income 1000 kd or above possible
300kd = 60000rs
Even ur income 750kd (if u r single)
Depends on u.
If u live wd group it saves rent,fooding and other expensence.

And some commany provide rent,meal.transportation, insurance etc so u save 200kd :-)

TasnimAhmed wrote:

My salary is 475kd advice me how to survive.

Dear Tasnim ...

Can you mention in which company you are working in and in which line & or which department ... ?