Foreigner business without Cambodian partner?

I have a question, Can a foreigner have its own business without a Cambodian partner?
I am actually living in Thailand but here the 51% of the business must belong to a local, unacceptable for me, that's why I am thinking about moving to Cambodia.

Thanks in advance

Yes , foreigners can own 100% of the business in Cambodia.

Thanks a lot Siva!

but you still need for discus

Sorry, What do you mean with "discuss"?

i mean about manner of business man in cambodia

you can open your own business with Cambodia partner.

Hi
   Yes you can do your how , own business here , but you need to understand  tax ,,,, many things for foreigner much diffirent with local peoples
      Best luck

farwesther wrote:

I have a question, Can a foreigner have its own business without a Cambodian partner?
I am actually living in Thailand but here the 51% of the business must belong to a local, unacceptable for me, that's why I am thinking about moving to Cambodia.

Thanks in advance

This is one very important reason why I decided to start my owned business in Cambodia instead of Thailand.
Besides the 51% Thai majority ownership you need have 7 Thai Directors in your company ..
To know 1 Honest and Trustworthy local is already a problem ... let alone 7!!

Hahahaha so true!
How's the experience os having a business in Cambodia?

hi fw
not too much hassle of course expect things to be done much slower here.
my adv is to employ a reliable local to handle yr paperwork. save u time and money .
good luck

Thanks a lot all of you for your kind replies

Now I have a owner business in phnom phen
I open a restaurant but if you open like this you don t need a license
But if you need a big one like a open a company
You can do by yourself but a lot of detail God for have a Khmer partner
Start 1500 $ for begin

My advice is to keep your money in a safe place and spend your time doing volunteer work and enjoying life. Try to avoid the stress of doing business in a culture like this.

well said...

You may want to discuss with local professional for options...a lot of investors have switched to Cambodia for more flexibility to that end.

KhmerGoyo wrote:

My advice is to keep your money in a safe place and spend your time doing volunteer work and enjoying life. Try to avoid the stress of doing business in a culture like this.

I'm doing some volunteer English teaching right now and have been "adopted" by my Cambodian students as part of their family. To them, it's all about community. If a barang is doing something worthwhile for the community then they are respected. If they are here to make money so they can live a cheap Western lifestyle they are not respected by Cambodians, and are just part of the "colonial" mindset that the tourist industry can represent if the money does little for the Cambodian community other than provide some low-wage jobs.

My advice would be to try some self-reflection as to why you want to come to Cambodia.

You can own your own business in Cambodia without a Cambodian partner.You can buy an apartment in your own name provided its not on the Ground floor. Many people get a Trusteeship Document signed with a Local for a small percentage when you sell the land you buy to build a house on.Everything you do must be translated into a Khmer language doc from English.Best Safeguard use a reputable Real Estate agent. Hope this helps.

Dear Friend,

There are no restrictions at all in Cambodia, foreigners can own 100% of businesses to themselves.  We have been helping foreigners setting up businesses in Cambodia.  The process is complicated and time consuming but nevertheless, it can be done.

Please contact us when you are ready.

Chan & Associates Co .,Ltd
Email: [email protected]
Tel. +855 23 555 1748
Mob. +855 10 555 235

C Chhor, CPA (Aust), ANZIIF (Snr Assoc) CIP, MIPA,

Yes. 100% possible at you except NGO activity. No khmer partner but visa, permit work, licence & taxes registred.

HI ,
  Foreigner can be own business in Cambodia , that means small business , if you invest alot money you need patner too , i met many foreigner here , if you want more send me email i can help you ,i do not asking you any things only to help
  Also you need to come here and have a look , i think in Cambodia more easy then Thailand ,
              Best wish
               HunVy

Even though it is true that someone who loses money because be got ripped off by his local business partner, only has himself to blame, without some small amounts of trust, it is often not possible to trade or do business. Therefore, it is still not a behaviour to encourage.

Since I can see that they tend to go bragging to their friends when they have managed to rip off a gullible foreigner -- and make yet another fool part with his money -- it is certainly not the correct solution to take a local partner.

They would first have to change their religion, or at least add clauses that it is an absolute requirement to stick to your end of a bargain. We are not going to keep funding all these instances of obnoxious paganism with our investment budgets. In the One God we trust and in nothing else.

So, about Thailand, I guess that you are right. I also stay out of that kind of countries. They should just rip off each other instead of ambushing foreigners.

Hi
Yes can its easy to start up here in Cambodia, I already start up and running for 4 years. Need help let me know. Don't listen to those middle mans.

Mark