Fresh in Athens

Hey,
I´m Sonja from Innsbruck the capitol of Tyrol in Austria. I´m here to work for ANIMA, The Hellenic Wildlife Society. I have arrived this Monday. My apartment is wet like a cave, so I´m living at a friend´s place and will move to another friend´s apartment,.. and then - somewhen - I hope my "real" apartment will be fixed to move in. My motorbike is suffering in the heavy rain. It´s spoilt and was used to stand in a garage. It was also never chain locked, but here Ì´m feeling safer like this. Especially because I´m not riding it regulary. When arriving in Athens I get losed a few times so now I prefer to walk so there is more time to check the street signs. A bumpy start here in Greece, but I think it fits this country.
Sorry this text got much more longer than planned, but it had to come out.

Welcome to Athens Sonja! Seems like a rough start but I hope the rest of your stay will be easier!

Sounds exciting so far!

Welcome to Greece, Sonja.
I have been living here for 1 and a half year now but still feel like a newbie hehe.. I'm Gabrielle, Indonesian, i'm here with my family. Hope you have a good time staying in Greece. anything you want to ask about the city and around please don't hesitate.

have a good evening,
Gabrielle.

Welcome Sonja!  You will be safer on foot than on a motorbike!! Lol!
I hope you enjoy your job and get your apartment sorted!
I came 2 years ago and love it here.  Please contact if help is needed for any mundane thing!

Best wishes

Doreen

Dear Sonja,
Welcome to Athens!!! You have come at a time where it rains a few times out of the year. As I am writing this I see blue skies and look forward to the rest of the week. I heard that there might be strikes in the coming days so I advise you to check what means will be operating.
T

Thanks a lot for your replys and helpful information. I think I have found a nice apartment in Koukaki. So in a few weeks I will feel much more home in Athina.

Koukaki is a great choice! I'm living in this area too so if you feel like going for a coffee when you'll be around, don't hesitate to let me know! Very chill out place!

Thanks o lot. I hope to sign the contract next week.