Vietnam During Tet

Hello I will be visiting Vietnam during Tet 2016 and was looking for advice on what to expect. will be in Da Nang first week of February then either Nha Trang or Can Tho depending on the advice I get then on to Ho Chi Minh for a week. Any advice would be welcome.
Cheers
Jagom.

Your plan is interested. Da nang and nha trang are famous in sea. And you have to visit ho chi minh city because it is best dyna
mic in viet nam. I hope you have nice journey

Planes and trains can get booked out at Tet, with millions of northerners travelling north before Tet and then south after Tet. If you wish to travel by plane or by train, try booking early online. Hotels usually overcharge for rooms around Tet. Tet is a good time to be in Saigon, because so many people leave the city and go home.

During TET? The best I can do is move out Nam and come back after.
It's expensive as everything goes up and a lot, a lot of drunk driving ongoing.
Taxi during this period for me.

I would avoid making my first trip here during Tet. Everything is more expensive and many places are closed. You also won't get an honest feel for the country and are likely to be bored.

Thanks, this will be our fourth trip to Vietnam so we are looking for some advice on what will be on offer during this festive season. We will be in Da Nang on the Friday before Tet for a few days and was wondering which would be the best option between Nha Trang or Can Tho for the second week. Ho Chi Minh will be our departing point around the 22 February.
Cheers
Jagom.

It took me 4 hours last year to get a train ticket from Nha Trang to Saigon and that was two weeks before Tet . So my advice is book your tickets way ahead. If not you might not be traveling anywhere.

Nha Trang is a beautiful beach city. Markets close to beach. If you like the water I would choice this city.

You can take the train, but book it asap.