Indian Family Moving to Denmark - Urgent help needed!!

Hi,

I have been offered a job in Gentofte / Lyngby with a salary of about 50,000DKK/month. I will be accompanied by my wife and 3 year old kid. I have been thinking of renting a place in Gentofte / Lyngby or surrounding areas. Could someone suggest whether this salary is good enough considering the high tax, rent, kindergarten & cost of living. Much appreciate your help!!

It is a very fine salary. Will your wife also try to find a job? Will the company help you with your relocating and other practical things?

Regards,
Nellie

Hi Nellie,

Thanks for the positive reply. She will look for a job eventually but had a career break to take care of our kid. She is an experienced IT professional, but we are aware of the fact that it is not that easy to find an IT job if you don't know Danish.

I understand the company will assist in relocation, but not sure on what extent they will provide. But the package doesn't include anything else. Its a local package, not an expat package. I initially felt that it will be bit tight, will I be able to save some money at the end of the month? How about the rents in Gentofte / Lyngby or nearby places?

Cheers!

I'll see what I can find out later this weekend.

Hi Nellie,

Thanks! Looking forward to it!!

Cheers!!

Hi Nellie,

Hope you are having a great weekend! Did you manage to find some info?

Cheers!

I have now sent you some information and I think you won't have time for watching the telly the next days.

Hi Nellie,

Cud u pls resend?

Best Regards

Hello billygilly

While waiting for responses, I invite you to check out other threads talking about Cost of Living so as to get an approximate idea of cost of rentals and other living expenses in Denmark.

> Cost of Living in Denmark

Regards
Kenjee

Hello,

Your salary is enough for a family of three. Are there any allowances such as housing, transport, etc?
If none, then be prepared to pay around 10 000 DKK for 2-bedroom  apartment especially if it's in Lyngby or Gentofte area.

For 50 000 DKK monthly salary, you can expect to receive take home pay around 25 -27k DKK after taxes, pension deductions, etc.

Thats terrific  what is Your job?

I think you would be OK in Lyngby but not in Gentofte - it is very expensive, but you will see that from the price of accommodation. Lyngby is a lovely town and I can highly recommend it. Good luck!

Judy

By the way, for your wife as an experienced IT professional, I am sure she will have absolutely no problem finding a job without English.

Hello. Welcome to Denmark.. I am from Sri Lanka tamil.. Lived nearly 30 y..
I May Express for a High salary... In Dk pays 40% tax after personal discount.. If u have special agreement May u get more discount in tax.. I do not know your agreement rules... The area u mentioned is a High expensive house / apartment. Almost 10-12000 kr pr. Month. If u find a place just 15-20 km West for Can u find cheaper places. Try this side : www. Boligportal. Dk. Regards Gabriel