Stage 1 approval duration

Hi Mates,

I am having dillema with my stage 1 approval process. My new company advised me that the approval process (stage 1) will only take 5- 7 working days but its now 10working days and they said that it hasnt been approved yet. I transferred from Company A to Company B. Does it really happened taking so much time to have the approval considering that the company that hired me is in MSC status? Is there any probability that they will reject \ disapprove the application?

Appreciate your feedback specially those who have been into this postion before..

Hi there..the processing companies always tell you first stage takes 7 days, but in reality, it can take up to 3-4 weeks. This is just from my personal experience. I wouldn't know if this varies with different industries though, with some being quicker. But it doesn't mean the application will be rejected at all as long as application was submitted with a 'justification letter' to prove why they need to recruit a foreigner for this job. Rejections are rare, but it does almost always take longer than they initially tell you.

Thanks Beegee for the time answering my query. Im from IT Industry and your answer just gave me peace of mind. Thanks again :thanks:

No worries...good luck with everything!

Yes. It took 3 weeks for me too.

Thanks Neeraj! :)

Few days in my experience if paperwork is in order. Immigration has really improved recently.

Delays are usually due to inexperience of HR staff or that there are issues like too low pay or some issue with not meeting the criteria. The bigger the issue the longer the delay.