Culture in Malaysia

what kind of people are Malaysians? moving there is a big step for me as it it be my first time overseas. as nervous as I am. I am interested. that's if I'm hired. but I am positive

Indian friends always joked that Malaysia is a well integrated mix of all the worst aspects of Indian/Asian cultures lol. Even the BIG ex PM said Malaysia is a first world country with Third world mentality.

But a bit mean maybe.

Overall though in KL it is very western friendly. People speak English well and like foreigners. All sorts get on here and even some Palestinians (bethelem is where you are from?)

I am going to Malaysia on the 28th of October to meet a special friend that I have made acquaintance with on the internet.  Yes, through a dating site but the relationship developed by accident more than intentional as I met her through a failed relationship with another.  The fact that she was half way around the world hindered any thought that we would be a good match.  As time went on, and we got better acquainted I began to be interested in her but still hesitant because of the distance and our difference in faith and culture (She is Chinese).  As I learned more about Malaysia and it's extreme low cost of living compared to life here in the US, I began to realize that for the fact that I am now getting social security, that here I would not be able to fully retire and there I would live comfortably.  She continued to impress me with her strong but sensitive nature, and understanding her faith made it all seem more realistically possible so I allowed myself to fall in love with her completely.  I am going there to visit for 6 weeks and already have plans to return permanently in February as I have put my home here up for rent and have already found a condo to rent there that I am subletting the other 2 rooms.  It is much more doable the I ever first imagined, and I believe I have found my final partner and am looking forward to my sunset years in the tropical climate without snow (Yipee!).  It is my understanding as Nema has said that the culture is very Western friendly and even though I intend to learn chinese, I'm afraid I am very english speaking using more slang than most of my counterparts here.  I believe Malaysia to be a good fit for me and have high hopes that She will be a good partner to share the rest of my life with.

it's nice to hear the people in Malaysia. as this will play a role in my decision to move. I'm from south Africa. in the free state province there is a town called Bethlehem. not palestine