From South Africa to Germany

Hi Guys

I also posted this in another part of the forum.

Myself and my wife are moving to Munich Germany next year April. I am South African and she is British. She has family in Munich that will support us till we on our feet and we have a fair amount of savings that will last us a good few months based on research we have done and information gathered from her family. I have an extensive background in Project Management and Private Security. I am 31  years old and she is 29. We are really looking forward to this new chapter in our lives and we are both aware of tough times ahead. Not expecting anything to be easy but there is no progress without struggle.

I have been studying German as well and am finding it fairly easy as i am Afrikaans.

Any input so far as work and just general advise will be great.

Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forum - and good luck in your new life in Munich!
I assume you come on a family reunion visa as spouse of a German citizen? Then you have unlimited access to the German job market and, after learning a reasonable amount of German, also good job prospects.

beppi wrote:

Welcome to the forum - and good luck in your new life in Munich!
I assume you come on a family reunion visa as spouse of a German citizen? Then you have unlimited access to the German job market and, after learning a reasonable amount of German, also good job prospects.

i am coming as a spouse of European Citizen not German but as far as the information goes that I got from the embassy here in South Africa it is the same. The visa process is also very simple because of my wife being British. Her family there is German.

Welcome to Expatblog  :D

Feel free to ask what ever is on your mind and share expat experiences with others!
Hope you will make new friends and all the best for the big move :top:
Look forward to the adventures that await you!

Jessi007 wrote:

Welcome to Expatblog  :D

Feel free to ask what ever is on your mind and share expat experiences with others!
Hope you will make new friends and all the best for the big move :top:
Look forward to the adventures that await you!

thank you very much. we very excited and thankful for this great and informative community