India to Manila Relocation - been offered 90k pesos

Hello guys,

I am relocating to Manila. I Have been offered 90K pesos,What is the living cost in Manila(rent and food etc..) near MOA area. I am currently based in Noida, India.  how much i can save?
Help me understand cost of living in Phillipines.

Looking forward for your kind help and taking a decision.Thanks..

Thanks
kalyan

Can you  be more specific?  90k for a year or monthly?  Are you  bargaining for relocation expenses?  If not you should.  In those areas they try and charge super high rent.  Many will try and charge two months rent and a deposit... DON'T EVER DO THAT. YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK EVER.

Rent varies from  10k to 50k depends on you using your smarts.  Many will  say it depends on the amenities that's  BS... They only say that because they are paying way higher than they should be but are to stupid to admit they got burned. Amenities have little to do with how much you want to pay for rent in the big cities. Be careful asking a local for help in finding a place to rent. Everyone and their brother is a real-estate agent.   The average person in Manila or Makati can get a nice apartment 2 bedroom  for 10 to 15k.  Location should only matter in relationship to where you work.  There are no  neighborhood that are better than the other.  Everyone is piled up on one another so you're neighbors will always be made up of the very rich and  very poor.  You can't escape from that. High rises go for a lot more and just an enquiry will turn your stomach because everyone wants to get a commission off your deal that when you are shown the unit 6 to 10 people will show up and everyone of them are going to get money from  the deal you make.  That should let you know that the price is actually lower but because you are never going to be allowed to talk to the owner you will never know this.

How do I know?  Because many foreigners have been burned trying to play bigshot and the buy these units and later find out that they have been burned.  Then they tuck their tail and run back home.  Leaving the unit in a philipinos trust to get it rented. Most cases these folks just want to collect enough rent to pay the loan.  But,  because these folks here are so greedy for your money they will ask three times the rent the owner is asking.  So please  only  talk to the owner.  Ask to see the  land title before renting or buying. Never give anyone HOLD money.  If they say that they need money to hold it for you then simply tell them that if they can rent it out then do so.  Please remember that.  Once you give hold money they are gone. A fool and his money will soon part.... Don't be nobody's fool.

90K for month, after tax it would be 60K per month. Yes i am bargaining..in india i am saving 40k INR..? how much i can ask?

60k per month would be more than enough for basic needs. But if you are going to maintain a high profile lifestyle, I'm not sure.

Hi!you know what,it depends on you on what kind of living situation you want to when u came here...but monthly of 90k all in one I think that's too much..but still depends on you,,but u can stay here on a cheap hotels,condo,or an apartment maybe it will be a big savings for you..

I will live just normal life. Can anyone from india have any breakup of living cost please share it.

Hello kalyan

To get an idea of some living costs, please browse through threads talking about such here :

> Cost of living in Manila

Regards
Kenjee

Hey Kalyan, I stayed Makati for 2 months and I have gone through all local things over there like transport, food etc.
I am sure you will get 60K after deduction but depend that how big is your family staying there. If you are alone then it is okay.
Also you mentioned that you were saving 40K in india so I expect you are thinking to save more than 40k or atleast 40K INR (Which is quite thoughtful). But I doubt that. In order to save 40K INR, you have to save 30K pesos. If you are alone then you can survive easily in 30K pesos. As you mentioned you are from Noida so I am. I can understand the requirement and need you will have in Philippine.

I suggest you to Personal message me or call me. I can tell you more in detail. I sent you my phone# in your PM.

Happy to help

hi

this is all depends on your family situations .

how many people in your family or u r single?

u have children? 

well normally good studio apartment around 25 to 30 sq. mt fully furnished would be around 25k monthly , ofcourse u need to take it for a year atleast.

food is cheap and being an Indian , Indian food will be available in manila mostly and will cost u more then local food.

if u can use local food or can cook at home 15k for food per month is grand.

electicity and water will be not so high around 3 to 4k a month.

local transport will be cheaper but if u r travelling in taxi daily it will cost u.

so budget of a single guy would be around 50 to 60 k.

now u must plan if u want to save and after tax what will u be getting from your employer.

more u can contact me on my email
xxx

I am an Indian South African lived in manila for a year now living in south africa but surly would like to go back there.

nice friendly ppl but u need to know some good friends locally.

to me i think if u get around 100 k after tax would be great but depends on your living standards

hope this is enough for u to understand costing..

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange your contact details via private messaging
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you know where to buy cheap but fair enough items and live in a very affordable and comfortable unit, you can save more than half of your salary. Let's say that your average consumption per month is 7K for food, rent of 9.5K (association dues included if it is a studio type condo unit), utilities for more or less 3K, all in all that is below 20K. You can save as much as 70K (tax not yet deducted).

hi

time and again i visit manila and stay there for month or two or sometimes even more.

where in Makati city do u get studio unit with good security at 9.5k?  pls let me know also

then i will be grateful to u dear.

tks

MACKYDESAI wrote:

hi

time and again i visit manila and stay there for month or two or sometimes even more.

where in Makati city do u get studio unit with good security at 9.5k?  pls let me know also

then i will be grateful to u dear.

tks

The example of my rough estimation is based on my own. There are condo listings in the internet where they offer the studio condo unit as low as 7K. We happen to get our place for only 8K plus 1K assoc. dues. Cityland in Dela Rosa/Mayapis. However, in the Executive tower, the first unit that we saw there was for 12.5K plus 2K assoc. dues it is a 1BR unit and it was big even for 4 people. You can also access the swimming pool and gym.

thank you for your quick reply dear

how about coming to security in this cityland complex if i may ask u dear?

No problem, Sir.

In the tower that I live in, the Security Guard asks vehicles who come in to what is the purpose for entrance whether you are a tenant, visiting somebody who lives in the tower or moving in. Then in the lobby area there two or more SGs on patrol watching the people who comes in and get out of the building. The elevators have CCTV cameras installed and the SGs in the lobby are monitoring it. As usual, if you are a visitor you have to leave an ID.

thank you

where is this units situated in makati and who does the renting out if i may ask u dear?

it would be great if i can save some bucks as last time i stayed at Gramercy Residences and they charged me 30k but it was fully furnished unit.

if u know who can help me to rent furnished and unfurnished units in makati near makati ave. then pls let me know .

I appreciate it highly

tks again

Oh my, that is an expensive rent, Sir. If you like I could ask our broker if there are still available studio units in our tower?

yes i felt is also its quite high

so its better u ask yr broker or give me his email id and i will contact them.

my email id is
[email protected]

tks

Okay, Sir. I'll give you an update regarding the opening.

Well, P90,000.00 is above average in Metro Manila. If you are single, that is more than enough. If you are married with a small family, you can live a relatively decent life in Metro Manila.

With that money, you must consider taxation to be deducted before you can even receive your hard-earned money. I believe 30% will be withheld, and you'll only be getting between 60k to 70k monthly.

Then you must consider the rent. I suggest you get a condo of your own. There are cheap condos available around the Mall of Asia complex, but beware because the price is actually expensive for the space you are getting. You can get a one-bedroom condo unit at P20k monthly, but that will be small, around 30sqm.

Then food is also expensive in Manila. If you want the cheap ones, you get poor quality. If you want decent food, you'll have to pay for the price.

Internet and communication is affordable. You can review bundles offered by many telcoms in the country, and choose which one suits your needs specifically.

Transportation is also bad in Metro Manila. Traffic is awful during peak hours, the time when people go to work in the morning and the time when they go home in the afternoon. Public transportation is cheap, but be prepared. Oh, you're from India. I've seen your railways and it's a lot worse. lol

Get a small car because it will be easier for you to find parking space with a small car. But do consider flooding during the rainy half of the year. Streets can get flooded. Small cars, such as the likes Yaris or EcoSport will do you just fine and shouldn't cost you P20k monthly for an installment.

I'm sure that by the end of the month, the money you save in pesos will yield a decent amount of Rupees upon conversion.

my name is Mac

u can call me Macky as my friends call me.

i will wait thanks