Tour Guide areas of Cuenca, Loja, Vilcabamba or Yungilla?

Does anybody know a good tour guide for any of the areas of Cuenca, Loja, Vilcabamba or Yungilla?

We are happy to pay for this service, but we are on a budget.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
~EMoss

If you find some one in the Cuenca area for tours please let me know.  I will be in Cuenca Nov 4th - Dec 12th 2015
love to hear from you.  Martha.

Hello Martha,
Last week I put out a request for real estate agents that could show us around. I found out from a previous post about a guy named John, who has "John Askam's JD's Expat Services ". He runs a used furniture store in Cuenca and has a YouTube video. I emailed him at his store, which is on FB as well as on YouTube, called JD Muebles. Here is his emai:
JD's Muebles <[email protected]>. He tells me in his email to me:
"Alexandra would be happy to meet with you and arrange for a transportation and showing of some properties and neighborhoods in Cuenca. Normally a five hour session would be $75.She can provide excursions to different sight-seeing locations. The person who wrote the recommendation took advantage of that and then scheduled a time to see properties. I haven't spent much time in Loja or Vilcabamba areas but Alexandra has knowledge of both areas, in particular the later." You should look up the YouTube video under JD's Muebles....the sign on the store has his phone number on it (I think). I hope this helps!
If you do use his services, please let me know your reviews!
Good Luck to You,
EMoss

Hi Again,
John Askam also has this email:
[email protected]
This one may be more appropriate.
~EMoss

Thanks for all the info. I  will follow up on it.   I sent you a private message with some info & my personal info.
Good Luck

Hi Martha,
My husband and I are taking the "Crash Course in Ecuador" tour from Nov. 8th to Nov. 21st. Have you heard of it? You might be interested in joining us if it's not too late to sign up. Here's the link: www.ecuadorexpatjourneys.com 
We're very excited about it. it's for people like your self, who are thinking about moving to Ecuador and want to see and learn as much about it as possible. We asked about it on this forum and we were told it's very good.
Susan

Hi Birdmama!

Thank you for the link & info.  It looks like something I would have consider but all my reservations have been made for this trip.  How ever I will be coming back again. I do not make the permanent move for 2.5 yrs, so this will not be my only visit.
I will send you a private message with my info, in case your interested in getting together wile we are all in Ecuador.
Again thank you so much.  I had seen blogs with expats referring to the "crash course in Ecuador" not knowing it was an actual tour.  Some times I can be dense!  TTake care Martha

Good afternoon. My husband and I have come to Ecuador to retire.  We are both American.  My husband was born in Cuenca. , but has lived in States for 50 years. We can possibly help with tour guide in the places that you mentioned.  We can  arrange  a van or bus to take us  .     thank you, Jaime and judy zamora

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : please register your professional services in the business directory - advertisement is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello jvzeta,
Thank you for your reply! How do I reach you? Do you have an email address/phone number that I could use to call you when we are in town? Our plan is to fly to the nearest airport on Dec. 16th from Quito (I haven't booked the flights yet!), and go to Vilcabamba that day. We will stay in Vilcabamba until Dec. 18, and plan to go to Loja for the evening of the 19th. From Dec 20th to Dec. 25th we have reservations at the Hotel Yanuncay in Cuenca. Then, we have to get to the airport on Dec. 26th to fly to Quito. Please contact me at [email protected], and we can exchange information!
Until Then,
EMoss28

Please use PM messaging to exchange personal information including individual email addresses and specific travel plans.

The Home Office will probably take down the emoss email address in short order.

cccmedia in Quito

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct