HR jobs

Hi Everyone,

I wanted your opinion on whether I should stay in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. The decision has to be driven by the probability of getting a HR job for my wife who is relocating to UAE next month. She has 4+ years of experience in India. I have no contacts what so ever, so its only depends on where should we focus to search the job primarily - Dubai or Abu Dhabi. As for me, my job requires equal travelling to both Abu Dhabi and Dubai and may be outside within GCC.

Regards, Ankit

Better not to give any location preferences since the response is very slow now. Select the best offer whatever she gets.

Hi thanks for your reply... good to see the active blogs here.. they are helpful and the one being responded to..I will have more of these questions as and when time passes.. might bother you time and again....

ankitgupta.fore wrote:

Hi thanks for your reply... good to see the active blogs here.. they are helpful and the one being responded to..I will have more of these questions as and when time passes.. might bother you time and again....

Pleasure to be :)

Hi Ankit,

Normally HR people here look for gulf experience or someone who has done some sort of a course (at least) which covers the UAE labor laws and HR policies. (I always come across hubbies like you because I work in an institute in Abu Dhabi). And most of the time, spouse visa people switch jobs quite often..so even if your wife attends an interview , by default, the employers will favor more for the candidates who have worked in UAE before. So ideally, you and your sweetheart should be at least making some contacts via linkedin, and exchanged some messages (If not, start now!  :idontagree: )

Since you play the protagonist, my first suggestion is for you settle on a job with your preferred package, and get her job hunting..there's a lot of placement agencies, outsourcing + staffing companies in dubai compared to abu dhabi..and HR field dominates in such places (I'm sure you know this)..and most of the time, they tend to give Dubai visa and base them in Abu Dhabi.

Hope it helps  :)

Raju

Hi thanks Raju, thats helpful...would you also be aware if I should get the degree certificate of her's attested from India or if on my visa that is not required?

ankitgupta.fore wrote:

Hi thanks Raju, thats helpful...would you also be aware if I should get the degree certificate of her's attested from India or if on my visa that is not required?

It's better get it attested. And I always suggest you to change her visa once she gets the job. The package may varied if she is not under the company visa.

Hi thanks Shanafashyaana... I will get this before hand then...