School Fees in Dar

Hello All

Can anyone give me an idea of schools Dar es Salaam and available school for 12th and 8th Std.

What best options available,
educational year i.e Month start and end
School fees in USD per month per child.
Other related expenses like transportation

Thanks

Anand

I firstly which area do you plan to reside ? I have a 12 yr old in secondary she attends  Dis they have s mikocheni campus for primary and secondary is in mbweni http://www.daressalaamindependentschool.ac.tz the fees vary for different yr groups also have a child she attends fk primary in Mbezi http://fkschools.sc.tz/demo/school-information/  other British curriculum schools are DIA, IST Hopac,,genesis, ,Braeburn

I am planning to move to Dar es salaam not sure which area i will stay. Have two children of 17 yrs and 12 yr respectively.

Just need to get an idea on expenses on school for both before i accept employment offer.

Thanks in advance.

The fees for my daughter secondary is 3650 annum I know there's an agakhan school in Upanga area but not sure of fees for that So I suggest contacting the above schools by looking up via website for there fees Ist is more pricey I do know that. good luck with your search 😊

Thanks a lot. Apprecite it.

I would also recommend The Latham School, a British curriculum school which is located in the Bahari Beach suburb of Dar es Salaam.

Most international schools in Dar follow the traditional British academic year which runs from August to July and since that pupils live in different parts of Dar es Salaam city, school buses are essential.

thanks, What is the fees structure for 12th Grade and 8th grade

Hello, Anandap,

Before I answer your question, I would like you to note that most international schools in Tanzania admit students in year groups that are appropriate to their age. However, some schools recognize that movement between schools is not always straight forward so they will always discuss placement carefully with you where there may be ambiguities.

If you're child is of 12-13 years then s/he will be admitted into Grade 8. The 2015/16 fees are as follows;
$9,500 per year for The Latham School in Bahari Beach
$18,510 per year for Dar es Salaam International Academy in Masaki
$ 3,650 per year for Dar es Salaam International School in Mikocheni.
$ 8,830 per year for Feza International School in Bahari Beach.
$ 9,740 per year for HOPAC (Haven of Peace Academy) in Kunduchi and
$ 31,400 per year for IST (International School of Tanganyika) in Upanga.

The above fees are inclusive everything except meals and transportation. I'd advise you to visit each school website for more details or write to them so that they can tell you about their payment plans, admission process etc. etc.

For Grade 12, I would recommend the following schools;
Aga Khan Mzizima Secondary Secondary in Upanga - $23,480 per year
Dar es Salaam International School in Mbweni - $4,300 per year
Feza International School in Bahari Beach - $8,830 per year
HOPAC (Haven of Peace Academy) in Kunduchi - $11,150 per year and
IST (International School of Tanganyika) in Masaki - $36,400 per year.

IST is 5 star school and has great reputation from most expats.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

very useful updates...

Thanks Very much. It would help greatly..

School feeses are ridiculously high in Dar es salam...Am just wondering why.

what is the fees for my son grade 8 American

i will move to work in Dar al Salam after one week from Dubai . I need school for my son  grade 8

please someone help