Hola!

My name is Ailsa, and I'm a recent graduate of a London university. I studied Earth Sciences, and came to Quito in order to work with the Instituto Geofisico at the National Polytechnic School, who are focussed on monitoring the activity of volcanoes around Ecuador, particularly Tungurahua and Cotopaxi.

I'm on placement here for two months, and I want to learn about the city in which I live. I would like to explore the Old Town, see the surrounding areas, and make new friends!

I'm interested in climbing, hiking, eating out, drinking, chatting, and exploring. Hit me up if you want to make a new friend. Also open to offers of part-time work!

Ailsa

Welcome to the Ecuador forum and to Quito, Ailsa.

I'm sending you a PM message with contact information for some Expat groups that will be holding meet-ups or parties in la capital later this month.

cccmedia in Quito

Hi cccmedia!  Could you send me or guide me to expat activity's in Cuenca?  I am hoping to meet locals but it would be nice to find some expats and get their perspectives on EC.  I arrive EC Nov 4 thru Dec 12.  Most of my time will be in Cuenca were I hope to relocate in 2 yrs.    Maybe some women?  I did a new feed about how women in EC are doing specially mature women alone.  I have not had any input on that subject.  I am new to the blog thing so I am not sure I posted right?  Thank you in advance.  Martha

MGLuke wrote:

Hi cccmedia!  Could you send me or guide me to expat activities in Cuenca?  I am hoping to meet locals but it would be nice to find some expats and get their perspectives on EC.

You would do well to google some of the Cuenca websites, Martha, ones that regularly list the many meet-ups and activities there.

Cuenca Highlife
Gringo Tree
Gringo Post

FYI, if you enter the words Cuenca Expat in the search box atop this page and click on the search icon, you can visit the Cuenca Forum of Expat.com.  That forum may not regularly list upcoming events, but it's worth going there to see Nards Barley's photography and what the gang is discussing at his 'Unofficial web site of the Cuenca expat community.'

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you lots.  You are a gift to the EC community coming in & looks like to the ones there also.  Thanks