South African wanting more information regarding living in Neath

Hi

I have a job offer to work in Neath. I am a South African and have no idea what to expect. Can anyone please give me some advise and background on what it is like to be living and working in Neath, Wales. I will be moving with my family. Having two boys aged 12 and 15, I would like to know if Neath is a good town to raise a family. Also, what is the weather like in the area. Any and all info that will help me with my decision will be more than welcome.

Thank you

They say a change is as good as a holiday, but this is a huge decision and if it's the wrong one, I'll be stuck with it forever. Have never been out of South Africa thus it will be a new experience to me and my family.

My family and I have to decide whether this will be the right move and would therefore appreciate as much information as possible as to:

1. What would be a fair average salary for a family of four to live on in Wales.
2. Is the area conducive to raising children.
3. Do we have to pay for education, medical aid, pension etc.
4. Would Swansea for instance be a better area to live in.

Any information would be welcome to assist in making our decision.

Hi Margro.My names Tim.Have you arived here yet? I have just joined this site and your the 1st thing ive seen on here lol.My whole family are south african.Ive lived here since i was 10 so lost the accent now as im now 30.Let me know if you havent arrived here yet and ill tell you all about neath as I live here ok.