Part Time / Contract Jobs for IT professionals

Hi ,

I am a IT professional working with a MNC in india.
My husband as been offered a long term onsite from his company.
So now i am looking out for a job there in Belgium .
But i have few issues :
1. i will be going on dependent as of now.
2. i am a English speaking person.

What would be the best i can get there in brussels or near by areas.

I am open to full time /part time / contract jobs -- in IT (Java).

Also as an option i am thinking of Art n Craft gallary , is it a worthy option to try ? I paint quiet well.

Hi Shilpa,

There are so many threads on this topic already many of them recently. Please read them as well.

Once you come here, and after u get ure dependent residence card register at stepstone.be and monster.be. You will need a work permit B with a min salary of around 40K to have it approved and start working.

To be self employed you need a professional card.

As wrote above, there are lot of existing threads discussing the English Language job scene in Brussels:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 96#2348754https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=139274

To summarize: With only English proficiency, MNCs (multi national companies) with international client base are the only potential hiring organizations. For local jobs (those dealing with local client base), local language (pretty good conversational) skills are a must.

Some generic suggestions..
* Register to job portals that advertises jobs in Belgium - google is your friend.
* Find & Join some linkedin groups for IT (or the industry you are interested in) jobs in Belgium
* Spread the word in your partner's professional circle (if he/she is in the same industry domain that you are interested in)

>> Also as an option I am thinking of Art n Craft gallery. Is it worth a try ?
There are a lot of such already. The best is to come here, see and assess yourself :)

Wish you all the best.

Shilpa, off topic but I paint too! I graduated from a design college but could never leave fine arts behind. If you're in Brussels, we can meet up! I am currently painting african tribal art for my living room :)