Muay Thai club in the city?watching/playing football, beach

Hello everyone,

I have just moved to Rabat for a three month internship and I'm looking for things to do in and around the city. For example does anyone know if there is a Muay Thai club in the city? Or a good gym?
I'm also interested in watching/playing football, going to the beach, making trips to Casa and drinking as many cafe au laits as Rabat can offer.
Just drop me a message if you're interested in getting out and about!

John  :)

@John - Not many Brits speak Arabic, in fact never met one before, so it's always interesting to come across those who do! If you don't mind me asking, what got you interested in the language, and where did you learn it (beside Uni) ?

Hey! I lived in Abu Dhabi when I was growing up so I developed an interest in the language when I was in the Gulf. Needless to say that has not been very useful so far in Morocco!

And can I ask about yourself? What is it that you do? How long have you been in Rabat?

Cheers,

John

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board John  :)

A new thread has been created from your posts on the Rabat forum so that you can better interact.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hey John! I have been in Morocco since August 28th. I Spent 4 weeks in Sidi Slimane (my birth place) and the rest of my time I have been staying at my aunt's house in Sale (other side of the Bouregreg river of Rabat). I spend most of my time in Rabat and cross the river at night back to Sale.

I recently graduated from the University of Utah and decided to get back in touch with my roots and prepare for the LSAT (Law School Admission test). I want to be a lawyer in the states. As of now, I'm living off my savings and currently looking for a job during my stay. I plan on staying in Morocco for about a year. I am interested in teaching English and I have contacted the American Language institute and they advised me to get certified in the TESOL/TEFL.

Are you currently teaching English? Did you get certified in the UK or Morocco? How much did it cost you? I am unfamiliar with the entire process and will really appreciate your help.

Hey Youssef,

I'm not an English teacher with the British Council I am actually here on a placement with them on some business development projects. However If you are interested in becoming a certified language teacher I believe you can do so with the Council. I would check their website for more details as they advertise how to do teacher training. I'll ask around with some of the staff and check that this is definitely the case.

I was in Sale the other day exploring! Are you close to the river or further inland in Sale? What do you get up to during the day when you come in to Rabat?

John

Hi John,

It's not so easy to find premiership football here in Rabat although I have heard that they sometimes show it in Upstairs in Agdal. Where are you living in Rabat?

It's also not the best time of year to go to the beach but you may have noticed that over the past couple of days. Still there is hope for the odd sunny day. Cafe au lait, I am guessing you have already found aplenty.

I've been meaning to drop down to the British Council since moving here in February but have never quite got around to it.

Best,

Richard