Alicante or Villajoyosa ?

I will be visiting Alicante in early December for 1 week. Wondering whether to base my stay in Alicante or Villajoyosa. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Alicante is better.. From Alicante, you can visit Villajoyosa with the tram (train).. is very nice because the Tram goes around de coast and you have a very nice views.  In the same road, you can visit Altea , is a little town near Villayosa, and you can eat a typical  Alicantina food, "paella", and visit the port, the cathedral... is very very nice...

In Alicante you can visit the Castel, the old city, the market, the Explanda, the port...

If you like the beach, my favourite is in Arenales del Sol, to 10 Kms near Alicante..

In the center of Alicante we have a small beach "El Postiguet".

Sorry for my english, im practising

Have a good travel! ;)

Hi Malex

thank you for the good advice. On reflection I think staying in Alicante is the best and safest option too. As you say a day trip on the tram to Villjoyoa  would be a good idea and Alicante being a working city will still be open in the evening. I have prebooked an hire car which I will now cancel as i believe parking in Alicante is difficult. I will visit the places you suggest, here's looking forward to our visit.