Expenses to live in Manila for a family of 3 having 6 yr. old kid

Hi All,

I live in Delhi and planning to move to Manila.

Please suggest how much salary one should need to live in Manila for a family of 3 having 6 yrs old kid

Including school cost.

Will 12,00,000 peso (before tax) annually would be enough? and if i can survive in this salary then can i expect to save something as well?

Your

nitin057 wrote:

Hi All,

Please suggest how much salary one should need to live in Manila for a family of 3 having 6 yrs old kid

Including school cost.

Will 12,00,000 peso (before tax) annually would be enough? and if i can survive in this salary then can i expect to save something as well?

Your

You do mean 12 million pesos ?  annually ?

12,000,000     pesos =  1,000,000     per month
$266,667     USD     =  US$22,222      per month
$363,636     AUD      = A$30,303      per month

That's a good income.  A bit more than 10 times what I was living on there.

nitin057 wrote:

Your

The commas are kind of confusing. Is that 1,200,000 or 12 million pesos?

nitin057 wrote:

Hi All,

Including school cost.

Your

If you have to ask this question then probably not enough.

By the time you by the luxury car, the 2 x top end drivers for your car, the 2 land cruisers cars for you security team, the 8 x 24 hour top end security guards, the 3 x maids, the 2 x nanny's, the 3 x gardeners.

Then the international private school education for three children.  This will come in at around 2,500,000 for each child each year.

Then holiday flights to America or Europe.

etc etc

12,000,000PHP will probably fall a bit short.

Its annually so about 1,00,000 peso monthly before tax.

its 1.2 million peso annually

nitin057 wrote:

Its annually so about 1,00,000 peso monthly before tax.

nitin057 wrote:

its 1.2 million peso annually

Your numbering system is different to ours.  ( I just googled "The Indian numbering system")
Your figure of 1,00,000 peso monthly looks like 1 million per month to us.

1.2 million is written as 1,200,000 in most countries

So a monthly figure would be 100,000 pesos.  (One hundred thousand)

Many people who adapt to Filipino living would be happy on that figure.

When I once considered the option to live in Philippines with a child, we rejected it as the cost of schooling was about 800,000 pesos per year (Currently $24,000) for the schooling level that we would have wanted.  The same schooling in Australia was just $6,000 at the time.

If that is 1.2 million per year, ask for 25% to 50% more so you can save money -- assuming you are going into management role.  You can live on 1.2 million per year but you will not save if you are going to live like a foreigner.  You will be budgeting carefully and your spouse will have to be somewhat frugal by western standards.  If you are going to live local (shop at the wet market, eat only local produce) and/or forego a car/driver/expensive private school, you'll be fine.  How much meat or cheese or imported food products will you consume?  Coming from India, you may not have high expectations.  Or you might.  Can't hurt to ask for as much as the company will pay.

Depends on the lifestyle you're expecting. To live to the same standards as expected in Europe or America... 1.2 million will NOT be enough. However 1.2 million is a very high salary for the average working class Filipino.

Hi

I m an Indian living and has a south african citizen ship.

i lived in manila for about a year.

to be very honest and frank i suggest u this..

100000 pesos will be good for all three of you

depending on how u like to live.

do u have a house or will rent one?

u will get a decent sizen apartment in about 25k a month in makaticity, which is very good area to live.
also food and other stuff is very cheap.  u count about 30k for food and other misc groceries u need.

for a child schooling i have no idea but i feel around 75 k u will live a very happy life
then in Delhi for sure.

i m not saying delhi is bad but i been to my cousins in Gurgaon and i didnt like tht place a bit.

anyday i will prefer manila to delhi..

well thts me but for u
i suggest take a trip
go and spend a month there and check if u like tht place.

people are very friendly and nice
u have to be just streetwise like anywhere else in world today.

there are good and bad people evrywhere

so good luck and if u need more info kindly ask..