Long term visa's in Bali???

Hi again,

I am here with my info wife and our son, been here two months. We figured out I can get a 30 day extension pretty easy, but it a hassle and little costly, as I am married to a Surabaya Indonesian, is their anyway I can get a longer visa?

My wife has also made enquires, but as she is not a "local Balinese" she is also treated as a foreigner, only having the added gift of being able to speak fluent Bahasa. The biggest problem here with anything we try, the minute they see or learn I am a foreigner,  the price quadripples, and the terms change. We are committed to stay here for at least a year maybe two or more, if the ease of everything improves...

For general ordeals she goes alone to try and get proper prices on things, but for this, we are clueless. Again I would appreciate any advice??

Many thanks

Kenny2007

You can get a wife sponsored KITAS - lasts a year.
You have to jump through a few hoops, but you can get it if you're legally married to an Indonesian.
That's upgradable to a KITAP (5 years a throw) after two years.

These don't allow work.

Fred is right by saying that you should get a spouse sponsored KITAS. It will solve all your problems of staying in Bali and opening bank accounts. The first KITAS is a little troublesome and you will need to go to Singapore to pick it up once the telex is received there. Please be sure that you are well read on the procedures as it can be complicated. The KITAS for the second year is much easier, and after that you could apply for  KITAP which is valid for 5 years and easily extendable. I believe that once you have picked up the KITAS in Singapore and bring it back to Bali you have to pay about Rp1,300.000 for 12 months, but I might be wrong.

All correct what was said above just the Rp 1.300.000 is not right.

If you do all yourself not using an agent then you end up with official fee for about Rp 1.800.000 for the KITAS and MERP.

Fred, Happy hour, Hansson, thankyou so much for the information very helpful and will follow your advice to get the Kitas and Kitap.

Appreciate you all taking the time to reply,

Sincere thanks

Kenny 2007