Considering moving to Fujairah

Hi

I'm sure this has been posted many times on the forum but I wanted an updated opinion of expats in fujairah.

What is fujairah like on daily life and working life?

Is there much to do on weekends?

How far is it from Dubai as I been told only an Hour away in car?

Is it expensive to live?

What salary should I be looking as a teacher

Thank you

As per my short experience, the only thing that you must have is good friends and everything will be ok. This is the start.

Dubai is like 1 hour away by car, you can do it much less although due to traffic regulations you are not able to drive fast.

Fujairah compared to others I have to say that is cheap. Although depends of your lifestyle.

1. Fujairah is quieter overall compared to Dubai or Abudhabi (even Sharjah) but has its own busy port and industries.
No matter which part of UAE you live, daily life is totally driven by work, so it does not matter.  Working life depends on your employed organization and ambiance, you need to check with anyone working in the same organization.
2. Fujairah has a beautiful coastal line and mountain on the other side.  If you enjoy beach, parasailing, etc, you can have a nice time between Khorfakkan and Fujairah.  They have enough shopping centers too.
3. About 2 years ago they opened a new shorter road to Dubai, you can do it in just over an hour one way.
4. Cheaper than Dubai because of cheaper rents.
5. Bachelor or family?  What offer you are getting? What is your nationality?

In any case, if you are moving out of Saudi Arabia to UAE, that in itself is a great relief.

Thank you for your reply giving me an insight into the area. I believe you are right most of your day is spent at work which is very common practice in Middle East Long hours even though this does not mean more productivity.

I have decided to extend my contract as I could not find anyone meeting my  current salary.

I'm a british national