Car Insurance (Car crash award)

I have recently had a car crash, it was in a leased car.  I had to pay for a number of items to ROP due to the crash   I have also hired another car which has cost me personally.  I am still paying for the leased car which has still not been returned to me after the crash as the garage is still 'working on the repairs'  I have through a friends  (lawyer- who i have had no contact with personally) been informed that i have been awarded an amount of a few thousand OR's He is asking that i split the award 50%   This award has happened within a week. I am still waiting for the car after two months!! Is this something that is normal here in Oman  ?

Hi Steve Marshall,

Your post is not very clear.

"I had to pay for a number of items to ROP due to the crash" - What does it mean ?

"... have through a friends  (lawyer- who i have had no contact with personally) been informed that i have been awarded an amount of a few thousand OR's" - Why would anyone award you a few thousand rials, and for what reason ?

Also, without any proper legal proceedings there would be no give, or taking of any money. And that too within a week someone has paid you a few thousand rials, without any claim ??

Whatever you are saying is quite confusing and defies any logic or reason.

Or am I missing something ?