Part-time maid rate in Bahrain?

I'm planning to move to Bahrain (live in Bahrain, work in KSA) next year.
As a bachelor myself being occupied to work, I might have difficulty cleaning, laundry and sometimes cooking, so I'm thinking about hiring a part time maid (2-3 hours a day or one day per week - say 8 hours per week total).
Can anyone advise how much I should consider for this?

Hi haydenx and welcome to Expat.com :)

Your topic is now on the Bahrain forum for more interaction with expats living there.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi

It will cost in normal rate as BD:2 per hour . it might be low / high

that's the going rate

2bd per hour going rate. I find it better to negotiate a flat monthly salary as with 2bd an hour some slow their work down to do more hours and then charge more.
With X amount a month whether takes them 2 hours or 10 to do work that's their responsibility then

another approach is to charge 2BD per hour, fix the hours they work and then what they do during that time. We've used that successfully.

Ocfemjc... are there any issues you face with the monthly idea? I'm thinking for example if their work hours are irregular duing a particular month, say because of holidays or you being away so that they don't need to do as much.

I pay the 2BD for 2 hours a week.  With the fall especially holidays means I can be away so I prefer to pay as I go in case I don't need them, like Suburban Sam related.

When I started with her I settled at the end of the month, but then came a few disagreements over the amount of days etc, so now I just pay for 1-3 weeks in advance.

When I hired her I left a list of my priorities, and she does what she can get to.  You can adjust the hours from there if there is not enough time.  The good news is, there is no short supply of people willing to work, so if you feel you're being taken advantage of you can easily find a replacement to suit your styles.

relwell wrote:

I left a list of my priorities

we did the same until, after a couple of months, she confessed to being illiterate! We were wondering by that stage!

So, we took photos of various rooms/activities around the flat, printed them out as small cards and laminated them. Now we leave out the relevant photos each time and she can see exactly what needs doing. Result!

Thanks for the recommendation but I have not move to Bahrain yet! Planning to in several months...

we do the flat rate for 2 days a week, so if she misses a day etc she needs to make it up or she gets that days wages deducted as i am going of X amount / month @ 2 days/week