Spain taxes when working in GIB

Hello all.

I have a very specific question to ask. Would go to the bureau here in La Linea but I am afraid I won't get far since I don't speak Spanish.

Our situation: I live in La Linea with my girlfriend. Both of us have a NIE but she's not employed. I am working in gib.

No I have 2 questions.

Do we have to pay taxes in Spain? Cause I am paying them in Gibraltar am still registered in Slovakia and the only thing I have in common with Spain is NIE. Same for Veronica. Does she have to do something with this? Or is it okay cause she's not working?

Second question. If we leave this place, go to UK or wherever, what happens then? Can I actually cancel the NIE somehow? Or what should I do in that case?

All help much appreciated.

Hi peterkottas,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

You might also want to post your question on the Spain forum? It might help you to raise your chances in obtaining some feedback soon.

Thanks,

Priscilla

My understanding is that as a resident of Spain you have to file a tax return, whether you will have to pay any tax will depend on your earnings and allowances. There is no tax agreement between Spain and Gibraltar but I believe that some of your Gibraltar taxes will be taken into consideration.
Your girlfriend will again I believe be required to also file a tax return but as a non earner she should not have to pay any tax.
My best advice is to get a fiscal representative to advise you.

Thanks for your advice. I found a lawyer. Hope he's good and takes care of this for us.

Let us know what you find out as well :)

Thanks