Tourism Agency a good ideea?

Hello everyone

Very well done for the forum infos.

I m looking forward to start a business in tourism field, i have lots of experience , most of my experience but not only. I will close all the businesses in here and i wanna see if Malta can be a possible destination. 
I was looking to move in a place with a great weather like Malta, sea and so on.

I will come at the end of this month to visit Malta and i was thinking until then, to see how much infos i can get from you, concerning the experience accumulated over the years on the island and this forum.
I know i ll need a period to learn everything about the region, i m not in hurry but i wanna ask you how is the business environment in the area lately. I am sure if I ask Malta Tourism Authority they will say its a good business environment...but i want to hear your advice, how you feel the current economic situation, cause i m sure are many with experienced business in here.

I do have a lot of questions but we need to start somewhere  :D

Thank you in advance for your time!

Hi hate,

( I hope your name is not nomen -))) .

From your profile I can see that you are from Romania. Do you want to target the Romanian market for Malta tourism ?

Tourism in Malta is mainly a packaged deal from European countries or individual tourists from the UK , Italy, Germany and , especially in the summer, language students. Many of these visitors are on a limited budget.

It is not clear from your post what you want to offer with a Tourism Agency? Just the same as all the rest ? The market is really to small for one more unless you have a USP.

Come over and have a look around with open eyes !

Feel free to ask the MTA . But as you say don't take what they say for granted. Talk to local tourist operators!

Cheers
Ricky

Hey there and thank you for your time to reply me,
I always start a business if i have an unique idea or at least something different or for a different "target".
I work since 2004 in tourism field  but i want to move in Malta because of the climate and my fiance  :D
I know i need to come and visit Malta thats why i ll do that around 20th this month but i want to know your opinions about it because is already extra season and i cant get a full view of the market.

Best regards,
Hate aka hate the system in Ro and the bureaucracy  :huh:

Hate bureaucracy .... ?

you had better not consider Malta then !

But you still not give a hint of what you mean by ' Tourist Agency' ? There are many just selling tickets for harbour cruises along the seafront ....  and they call themselves agency. Until November and then they are all gone again until April.

I wish you all the best  but I can't give you an opinion on something I don't know about.

Cheers
Ricky